Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"With this, I would not kid"

The wonder and magic of living in the Great Salt Lake City has not, in anyway, dwindled. This deep and dramatic love is only growing as the days pass. Spring is fighting to come and the idea of this place growing with new spring buds and bright colors excites my soul like nothing ever could.
Today I had my day free, and while going to the store for fresh vegetables I got distracted by all the colorful chairs a local antique store that had been lined up on the sidewalk. They know I can't resist a wingback chair in new green upholstery!



So I went in, the store was incredible, it is not just antiques but they have taken the antiques and fixed them up, with fresh new paint, new fabric tops, some people my say that this destroys the antique taking away from the original beauty, but I think it is brilliant! BRILLIANT!

And everything seemed to be fairly priced, and that surprised me even more. . . 

So I bought two paintings, I talked to the owner for a while and he gave me a great deal on them. Such a stand-up guy.



The sad part of the story is I never made it to buy food, and ate cracklin' oat bran for dinner. Again.


They look great, they make the red form our couch encircle the entire house, warming it up. Yes, they are identical, and yes, I might just open up the frames and insert one of my own paintings. . . hummm. . . 



 I love my apartment, I love the street view and large windows we have, I love the open space with hardwood floors. I love that it is 2 floors up in an old brick building, I love the fat winter alley cats and the smell of our smoking neighbors twisted with the cold winter air as you walk outside.




And in case you were wondering about my bedroom. (I know many of you are!) I have gotten a desk, hung up twinkly lights and wake up every morning to my beautiful booming Orchid, and I have yet to hit my head on the ceiling fan, or fallen off. . I wish I could say the same for the sock monkey, he has not been as careful.






5 comments:

Whittron said...

oooh this is such a fabulous post. that last picture with a little bit of sock monkey killed me.

Carrie Lynn said...

Where is this antique store? WHERE?!

Ky said...

umm... your hair is soo long. its killing me.

RaVoe said...

Great Job my daughter! Those pic's look perfect on your dining room wall.

McKayJoice said...

Carrie the place is called chique unique it is on like 800 south.
Call me lets go sometime.

Powered by Blogger.