Sunday, December 4, 2011

Book of Mormon stories.

Last week I walked into work to find they didn't need me, so I took off on a walk that lead me to the conference center. So, Why not? - I took a tour. . at this point my roommate called, she was getting off work, so she joined me and our guide as we walked around and learned all the facts and saw all the rooms, stood on the roof.


All the paintings in the conference center are originals, to get up real close you can see the brush strokes.
One room they had hung all the Book of Mormon paintings by Arnold Friberg (All the pictures that were in the Book of Mormons that we had as kids) I remember looking at them as a kid, the shinning face of Abinadi, the big thick arms of the Nephite solders, the wet dress of the lady who is coming out from being baptized in the waters of Mormon, the fiery sunset that is behind the little Samuel clear up on the wall. .


And I don't know why but it got me. It got me good. . I was all choked up looking at the original paintings that this man had painted years ago, the visions he saw of the stories, the power that is conveyed with an image, how I gave these pictures much thought as a little kid, as I'm sure many other kids have. . .
How I used these pictures on my mission.
I think it is great that they are on display for me to view anytime anyone wants.


Look how big this is. . . Doesn't that blow your mind?
Just cool, way cool, I'd thought I'd share.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your heading of the blog. Did you take this picture? You are an amazing photographer. This picture is great.

Powered by Blogger.