Saturday, November 19, 2011

I won't quit, I want more!

Key elements to making a fabulous cake-
-Good, loud, music and a cardigan and skirt that allows you to dance when needed. 
It really is key to make the cake look good, I promise. 



I messed up the kitchen real good tonight, I'm currently sitting in the family room blogging and it still isn't clean. But it is done, I made my first wedding cake, for a real live wedding. . . .a cake that was cut by a bride and a groom while people gathered to take pictures.
I've been working on it for the past 26 hours (subtracting the time I slept, we played the stick game, I watched an episode of Ellen, and the groom-to-be coming over for a haircut)

When I was done from 10 feet away the cake looked like it should have been in a catalog.
Close up. . . well. . . we won't talk about the close up!
Every time I make a cake I get a little better at it.

Cutting wooden dowels, melting and smoothing chocolate-

Time out because the Groom called. . . he wanted a haircut. Tried not to mix hair and food! Oh boy!
I make my own frosting, if you can't tell. .

I sat with it in the trunk of RaVoe's new car and we slowly took it over to the reception.
So there you go. Hope the bride liked it as much as I did.
. . . Now I have to go clean the kitchen. 

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Do I always say this... that you never cease to amaze me?

Connie de said...

Holy Shnikeys!!!

Stacy said...

I saw it in real life...it was soo cute! I had no idea you made it...it looked so professional!!

Rhiannon said...

Love it! SOME day I will be taking lessons from you.

Bethany said...

Love the cake! So untraditional.

Are those witch ball's hanging in the window? lol

Whittron said...

check it out, I made it into one of the pictures!!!

Jen said...

you are going to make my wedding cake! :) I love it! You Never Cease to amaze me!

McKayJoice said...

Bethany-YES! witch balls! How did you know?!

Whit-I can see you.

Jen- I'd love to make your wedding cake, You'll have to pay to fly me out to Canada!

Angela said...

торт -супер

Powered by Blogger.