Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Twenty Seven. . . own it.

I have been a part of this mortal world for 27 years now.
Breathing, and living in a body for 27 years.
27 years. . that is such a long time.

I was walking down my street the other day and there was a man walking down the street with a very small child. The kid could barley walk straight, and kept fumbling around and the guy was walking so slow and being patient wile the kid tried to figure things out.

I thought, "wow that kid has a lot to learn"
. . . Not only about walking- but EVERYTING, that kid still needs to learn how to talk, and open doors, and . . . and. . .well, everything.

I have been here 27 years and I feel like I have learned A LOT since I got here.
I know how to speak the English language. . . (I sort-of know how to write in it).
I know how to dance, I have learned when to pull the popcorn out of the microwave before it gets burnt.
I know how to rock a baby to sleep, I know how to lie, I know how to tell a joke. . .

And every year I gain a little more knowledge, to the point now where I have 27 YEARS of things I have learned. That's great.

Line upon line.

Last year for my Birthday I rented a motorcycle and found myself riding careless on the streets of Chang Mai, Thailand. And while I will always hold that birthday close to my heart, this year feels real good too.
I am in a good spot in my life, I love my city- Salt Lake, I have been eating real healthy and love my body, I feel like this past month or so I have understood a different dimension to what the gospel of Christ means, I make my bed everyday, and have been rocken a new corduroy red jacket that makes me feel amazing, and I have good people around me. . . 
So knock on wood, because that usually means things are going to take a downward spiral real quick. . But for now in time- The day of the beginning of my 27th year in this mortal existence, I'm happy, so Happy. .. . 
Happy Birthday, to me! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy BIRTHDAY MCKAY

Whittron said...

LOVED THIS POST!!! AND LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

RaVoe said...

Happy Birthday my darling girl. I am so glad you were sent to me. Rejoice, Rejoice!!

Powered by Blogger.