-Last night Elder Perry talked about how the word Enthusiasm means 'God in you' (a Russian translation maybe?) Isn't that beautiful? I think about feeling that emotion, of enthusiasm, and thinking that it is god's light, his energy in me. Brilliant, I love that. That idea brought to life a lot of things I have been on my mind these past few days. .
-Last Saturday night I went to Smiths, it is my new favorite late night activity, the Avenues' Smiths is the cutest store, and the coolest people shop there, it is the best people watching spot. . . I usually put on a weird scarf or bizarre earrings before I go, just so I feel like I'm part of the cool people who shop there, I have yet to feel like I'm an Avenues girl yet. Well, last night after pushing around my little cart for about a half hour and only placing in the cart some spinach, I came across the hot chocolate section, and there is was on the shelf, white hot chocolate. (Remember how I've been looking for it for FOREVER?) I could have cried I was so happy.
-Today walking to work the wind was blowing these little yellow leafs off this tree. As they feel to the ground they looked like gold confetti in the sunlight. All the older leafs were dead on the sidewalk and left a magnificent crunch under my work shoes.
-At work today they were throwing away all the cookies, so I took them to my FHE group today, Blue Lemon is crazy- they tasted just fine.
-Last night my room-roommate invited some guys over, for some reason our room became the party room and we were up until two with these guys telling stories.
-I cleaned my bathroom, hands and knees/toothbrush scrub clean. . . feels good, looks good.
I don't want to dress up for Halloween, the roommates are excited about the Single's dance that night, two of them are mad they will have to modify the Police costumes they have to make them more modest in order to go.
I have no desire to put together a costume, all I want to do is be here, on the hardwood floors of my wicked cool apartment carving a pumpkin, maybe watching Young Frankenstein or a Hitchcock movie of some sorts, we might get trick-or-treaters. And I can't tell if this means I'm getting old and lame, or if it means I'm actually catching on to what is really cool. But if I end up carving a pumpkin alone that night, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. It seems like here in the city it is what I should be going. . . with a glass of wine.
(and by wine I mean white hot chocolate)
Monday, October 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I Have young Frankenstein you can borrow. I am sure i will be doing the same halloween night, carving a pumpkin all by myself, In a sexy police costume.
oh crap. that last comment was kylee. My mom would look dang good in police costume though.
Ya know, I always suspected that Jann was the "sexy police" costume type.
whether it's Jann or Kylee, both carving a pumpkin alone in a sexy police costume is awesome.
I am looking forward to carving my pumpkin alone this year. I'm not in the mood to dress up either.
Oh man, that is so funny. I wouldn't put it past Jann.
Hi McKay,
Just wondering if you have a sexy police costume I could borrow for Halloween?
Post a Comment