Saturday, October 22, 2011

How fickle my heart, and how woozy my eyes.

I don't talk about my dating life on this blog. Ever. Even if I've been singing and ecstatic about the the cute boy I'm hanging around with, and he is all I can think about. I've defiantly hinted, and pictures have implied that I'm loving on someone. . But it is just too sticky to put on a blog, you never know what the end will be, and then I'd have explaining to do. And how creepy would that be if he found that I was posting all my thoughts and feelings for the world. Creepy? Flattering? eh?

Oh, the burdens of having a popular blog!

So I'm going to break my own rule and just say this-
I just broke things off with a guy. He had really big arms and fit every meaning of the word 'charming'.
And things are too fresh to be giving out details, my mind is still in the phase of self-pity and anger to the love-less world around me. So anything I would say would be laced with regret and stupidity when I look back on it next week.

But in a very small way I am grateful for the times in my life where I am heart-broken. For a few reasons,
One- I don't really eat, so when I do feel better I'm usually a pound or two lighter and that rocks.
Two- I can cry at the drop of a hat, and I'll find a place to be alone, usually on a drive with Rav, and just let it out, force it out,  to the point where you would think that I was crying because my entire family just got murdered. Sometimes it is so good to historically ball, I love it and a good cry doesn't happen too often for me.
Three- I tend to take a close look at myself. I am a confident person, for the most part I'm very happy about who I am, what I'm doing with my life, the way I look, the jokes I tell. But when love doesn't work I rip myself apart as to why. Why? What could he possibly not LOVE about ME?! -And to forces me to tear apart everything about me, from the way I treat my family to the way I wear my hair. 98% of the time I conclude that he was a fool for letting me go, but I always find something I want to do better, read my scriptures more then I pretend that I do, or throw away that old hoodie with the holes in the armpits that I still think makes me look cool.
Four- All the pop songs come to life, music rocks when your heart is broken.
Five- When things start looking up again I remember how good I have it, I have been able to date some stellar guys, I could blow all your dating stories out of the water. I feel like I have a small handle on what it is to love someone, and I really have learned so much from dating. Kids don't need school! Let's just get them dating sooner! And in a weird way I feel like I am spiritually stronger because of the things I have been through. I don't know what I will be like as a mother, but I can tell you that when things work out one day that I will get to be a wife, I will rock at it. ROCK! That boy won't even know what has hit him, he will be so lucky.

So last night it was late, and I grabbed some good music and went on a walk, it took me about 4 minuets to reach temple square, I was the only one there, it was super creepy and magical at the same time. I laid down  on the sidewalk looking at the temple listening to some Weezer (is Weezer aloud on temple grounds?) The city was amazing late at night and once again I'm happy with the life I lead. And while it does suck that this year I can't do a couple's costume of for Halloween, and it sucks even more to find this morning, that it has been less then a week and his new facebook status reads that he is "in a relationship" with a big boobed girl with a massive chin and beady eyes. I'll be ok, life will go on, and I will continue to date and put my heart out there, because as much as much as I am beginning to HATE dating, you gotta to keep doing it to get out of it. Catch 22. (Right? did I use that right? catch 22?)
Stupid boys. Never Give up! Never Surrender!

7 comments:

Nathan said...

I've heard it said, and I don't know if it's true..."Boys are stupid! Throw rocks at them."

I don't know if that helps...but on the other hand, there is the classic, Annie song..."
The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!
Just thinking about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs, and the sorrow 'til there's none!
When I'm stuck a day that's gray,
and lonely, I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
The sun'll come out tomorrow so ya gotta hang on until tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow!
Tomorrow!
I love ya
Tomorrow!
You're always a day a way!

Ashley said...

first off, I love your blog. Alot! second off, You are awesome! I think every girl out there can relate to this. third off, keep on being as fabulous as you are :)

marleerocker said...

You might like this blog I've been recommending to my single friends. She blogs about all the things I'm thinking but I don't want to put on my blog.

http://elizabethtannen.com/blog/

Whenever I'm broken hearted I do every intellectually stimulating activity I possibly can, I read, I find new music, I watch critically acclaimed indie films, I travel around the world, I get interested in politics and activism, I volunteer, I bake something new, I go rock climbing.

The idea is, I've subjected myself to the judgement of another and I no longer want to be the person they dumped.

Then I realize what I'm doing, and realize that I was perfectly fine and lovable how I was, only now I've added all sorts of new depth and meaning to my life so. Win win. Which by the way is the title of one of those films I watched the last time I was broken hearted. I recommend it to you.

spot on about the catch 22 thing, never thought of it before, but so true.

Whittron said...

She does have a giant chin and beady eyes!!! I'm not even sure she is a real person, I think she's a fake profile on facebook.

And that boy is a total D-bag.

Jenna said...

I don't like her eyes or boobs either. And who is Nathan that wrote about the Annie song?

I think you should make silly superstitions about the one you might marry. You'll find it. I have no doubt. But then you'll quit blogging, you'll probably disappear into a lovers traveling world and we would all be lost without you. Seriously.

You have a heart of gold.

McKayJoice said...

Hey thanks guys, it really is so nice of you.

Marlee- That blog is great, glad you shared. Also yeah, catch 22, You have to date to get out of dating. . . unless you buy a cat and start reading Emily Dickens, and that could be fun too.

Whit- She is totally a fake person

Jenna- Nathan is my Canadian friend.

Brett Z said...

haha, I love this! I love you!

Powered by Blogger.