Monday, October 3, 2011

'A Bear With the Heart of a Squirrel'

I arrived to Blue Lemon Saturday morning nine minuets early, I had a full breakfast and my hair was looking great.

Now, I don't know if I have said it before, but I'm saying it now- Blue Lemon is a well oiled machine. 
Everyone had a job, sandwiches were being made, desserts being plated up, silverware being rolled. 
Trying to prepare for the craziest time of the year. . . Conference. 

At 11:50 there was not a soul, not one soul in Blue Lemon. . . . . and then at 12:05-ish Co-worker Chaz yells out "They are coming!!" our attention is directed outside where right across South Temple they were all lined up waiting for the crosswalk light to let them storm the castle. It hit us like a title wave, all at once. 
You think doing 0 to 50 in three seconds in a car is wild, you should try it in the restaurant business.

After that moment, every thing went by as a blur, so busy, so crazy, so fun. 

I took a long bath and put on some new socks that night and attempted to catch up on the talks I had missed.

I love Conference, it is like the 'grown up Christmas', Friends and families gather, make food, and focus on Christ. Only you don't have to buy anyone any dumb gifts, and it lasts for two days, and is twice a year! 

Today sessions were wonderful. I spent the day in Salt Lake, being well fed, watching the capital building change colors with the shifting light. Sunrise to sunset. With some amazing hook ups for the second session where I could be so close to the amazing men who run and guide the church, and also get a up close and personal look at the pink dresses of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! they are hot stuff!. . . (As a group they look great, individually, it makes me smile.) 

All around, it was a good weekend, near perfect. 
I love being Mormon. a Latter Day Saint. 

4 comments:

Whittron said...

what does the title of this blog post mean?

And I love the last sentence of this post.

Julie said...

Should I take the comment about the dresses personally?

marleerocker said...

You are so spot on about the whole Conference/Christmas analogy. I love reading your blog.

McKayJoice said...

The Title- just to help me remember the day.

Julie- No Way! Oh man it was so great to see you deep in the underworld of the conference center.

Powered by Blogger.