After my camera broke my Dad was kind enough to let me use his.
Recently I lost the charger to that camera.
I can't win.
I would feel real bad for doing that to my Dad's camera, but I truly am the only one suffering. I have actually had two dreams I found it, that is how crazy I am, and how I long to take pictures.
But as the little red battery light was flashing, warning you that at any moment the camera would go black. I took a few last pictures.
My parents and I took the Alpine loop last Saturday morning to the Sundance Harvest Festival. The changing leaves are amazing, but as I sloshed around in the back seat of the Buick I couldn't let but get painfully carsick. Only to end up at a crowded parking lot, shoved into a hot shuttle bus, to find the market was just a waste. Nothing fun to really look at, not a lot of booths. (it was no Logan market I'll tell you that.)
And the day would have been a total loss if it wasn't for the last little bit Dad decided to snoop around.
While He and my Mom were dating, he worked as a server in the Tree Room. He has told us kids lots of stories about working there, good stories about stupid boys. I think it is a small reason as to why I have loved serving tables. Last year when we visited for some reason he thought they had tore down the restaurant or made it into something else.
But, last Saturday we found the room he worked in, Dad was so excited upon it's discovery. I saw the fireplace he dumped wax in and the flames rose to the ceiling. I saw the baskets he would toss the old bread into. I saw the spot he would sit and play poker after work.
It was so great, he still thinks Redford would remember who he was.
Almost made getting carsick and hanging out with my parents worth it. Almost.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your the only one suffering? I used to borrow that camera all that time, and still want to - except you have taken it over!
Stop it. Just stop it.
Post a Comment