Wednesday, August 10, 2011

So here is something creepy that I do. .

When I was little I remember asking my dad about blue prints, he took me down in the basement and pulled out the blue prints for our house and showed me where the bathrooms were, where my room was. I remember thinking about how cool it was, a map of our house.

I still think blue prints are cool. You can look up houses and the blue prints online and it is real cool to see how they are all made so diffrent.

I've drawn a bunch of my own blue prints. They started out real simple, and then I was making up houses that had secrect roof top gardens and slides to the bacement.

Last week I found a sketch book where I had drawn a bunch of them. It made me smile.

My favortie thing to draw was- when I dated a guy, or had a massive crush on a guy, I would draw the house that we would live in if we ever got married. I would never tell any of them I was doing this, for fear of exposing my insane impulsive intentions. I never REALLY wanted to build a house and live with them. It was just fun to make different houses catering to the different personalities of the guys I liked.
Some guys would need a woodworking room, while I would build libraries for another, one guy I dated for a small bit needed to have a TV in every room (and I wonder why things didn't work out with him?)

Anywho it was has been a fun side hobby for me nothing more. .

I even made a house if me and Whitney never got married and we could live in, with different rooms for our hobbies and a fun entertaining area for all our fabulous parties. (It makes me a small bit excited for spinsterhood.)

I'm in love with a great deal of the houses I've drawn, but I thought I would share just one, because they are hard to read from me just scanning in the sketch. . .

 This house is meant to be set clear off into the wilds of a forest, (maybe about 20 miles from a small town with a old diner that has wold famous yams.)
It is three levels- the bottom is the garage, the main floor, and then an empty loft that overlooks the main room.
(the main floor and side view of the house drawn out)

Living here we would have no kids, it would just be the two of us in the mountains, spending all our time catching insects, hiking, 4-wheeling, cooking, learning about the wilderness, canoeing, reading and writing poetry, working from the home doing something posh for Google, and being in love.

The entire place is open with massive windows letting in lots of light in to every room, a large wrap around deck. A corner tub, where the chipmunks can watch you bath, a fireplace that is set in the middle of the main floor so you can view it from the kitchen or living room. And a loft that acts as a quite spot, or an extra room if we have guests.

Just simple, with some character. That's all a house needs to be.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

why do you keep this hidden? use it as leverage! "I have designed a house. If you marry me, it will be yours."

Its no wonder you're not married. RaVoe.. I have a lot of work to do..

Julie said...

I would advise against spinsterhood.

However, come take a look at our new house...

Juje said...

Fun. I have been cleaning out my office next my interior design classroom and have been LOVING looking at all the blueprints saved in there for examples for students. They just look cool.

PS. Can't wait for you to make me something awesome for my classroom!

Juje said...

Oh, and I want to have a part of that spinster house... You know, in case. Or instead of (cos it's that awesome).

McKayJoice said...

Leverage? oh, good one Jeffery!
I'll try that.

Julie- new house? did you remodel? or move? I'd love to come see.

Juje- I'll see if I can open up a wall and make a room for you.

Sydnie said...

I'm not even kidding when I say that my house in California looked like that. Not exactly the floor plan, but the outside is spot on.

Powered by Blogger.