Friday, July 1, 2011

Squaw peak

Some friends and I have recently discovered some sweet camping spots above squaw peak in Provo canyon.
We took three cars loads of people and gear up last night, and the stars were clear and bright, the bugs were no where to be found, and the mountain air was so fresh and crisp I couldn't get enough of it in my lungs.


There are some people that when you camp are always nice to have around- Pat Utly, because of his fold-up table and gourmet food, Ben Gentry because of his outrageous humour, Riana because of her knowledge of wild life and what to do if a bear attacked. . . . And today, I add Sheldon to that list for is ability not to sit still, and love for fire. . The second you pull up to any camp site he is chopping down a tree for fire wood. And even with the damp kindling has the patience to make a roaring fire. Then, because he can't sit still, he tends to the fire the entire night. Making sure there is a log placed on at the right time to keep the heat and the light alive. . . you just sit back and relax.

It's great. Just kick back and enjoy Jenifer and her crazy comments, Brian and his sombrero, and B-Love and snooty remarks.



3:13 am
 No tent picture worked out, and B-love wouldn't come take the picture for us. . . So this is all I got.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.