Friday, July 15, 2011

Hi Hat

Whitney and I drove by this place a least four times before we noticed it was a Diner.
We both thought it was a strip bar.
Moral of the story: Always give strip joints a chance before judging what they are.


Out of all the places we ate this week, this one might have topped them all.
And a TOTAL surprise walking in and finding a cute and functional diner inside the brown brick wore-down building.

The service was out of this town wonderful. The guy that runs the place is so great, so friendly and when we ordered the chips and homemade salsa to start out with he told us "No, that's not what you want, I'll get you something you are going to LOVE"
I love that he loves his menu, believes in his food. I love that Whitney is the kind of person to try anything, and go with the flow when someone suggests something to eat. (these are the best kind of people in this world, to me, it says a lot about who you are.)





I wish I could remember the name of what he ordered me, all I know is that it was wonderful. A egg/potato/onions/Verde Chili with warm tortillas to wrap it in. I told him i thought it had a Brown Sugar taste to it. He said it was the love he put in it. Whitney got some sort of country fried chicken with egg on top.




I would say this is defiantly worth the stop, the food the service, the music. . . all perfect.

If you find yourself in Sunset Utah (just south of Ogden) before 2pm, stop in.

4 comments:

Whittron said...

I'm still full from this meal.

Sydnie said...

Ohhh, I love Hi Hat! So great. This sounds llke a great gig you've got going on.

Whittron said...

Syd, you have been to hi hat!!!???

Savannah said...

K, I've totally seen this place and yes I totally thought it looked like a nasty strip club- I'm so glad that In Utah we have places that look awful but instead surprise you with something wonderful like greasy food, yummy.

Powered by Blogger.