Tuesday, July 12, 2011

,

Away on business. .

My plans this week-
Ice cream party at Raintree, camping, a getaway at a cabin in Sundance, dinner with old missionary friends, dinner with old highs school friends, filming Sam at the doctor. . . . So many "McKay Life" exciting things. . . (you know how I am)

THEN- I get a call at 6:00, it's Whintey, (she is away at the Crystal Inn on business out in northern Utah, Ogden-ish area)
Her car is broke, the key is jammed, she is at a Maverick, a girl that was working with them quit. . . .Yadda, yadda yadda. . . Do you want to come up here and work?

Less then two hours later I was there, in Whitney's bug, helping gather surveys.    

New plans for the week-
Hang out with Whitney all day, go door to door and ask people what they think about the new five lane road coming in, get carsick, listen to country music, get heat stroke, live at the Crystal Inn, (See Whitney'd blog HERE) maybe go to a mid-day movie and make BUCO BUCKS! 

Whitney said as we come in for the night to our little hotel room "it's like we finally get to be missionary companions"  It is adorable. . this is going to be the best week ever! (Or possibly the worst, there is no way of telling at this point.) 

Just look at us! The Sisters Orton, living the glamorous life of all paid business trip to Ogden. 
I feel just like Laurn and Whitney from The Hills, when they would go on business trips to New York for Vogue magazine. . . New York is now just a step away for us!!

2 comments:

Whittron said...

worst week ever? best week ever? to me sometimes they end up the same.

I'm so glad to finally be missionary companions!

RaVoe said...

I could Fedex your name tags to you?

At least you don't have to wear those frump-a-dink black skirts.

Powered by Blogger.