Thursday, April 21, 2011

Taking a turn.

What once was gold has faded to gray.
What once was exciting has become a burden on my back.

I am almost positive it is wrong to post things of this nature of my blog, But, welp, here goes. . .

I came into work and Co-worker X (we will call her) was hiding by the outside door (I have told many of you this story, it still blows my mind) and she said to me "is there a car at the light?" I look out and said "yeah, a silver one, it is turning left" . . she looked at me all sneaky like "ok" I look at her confused "that's my husband, and I want to run across the street to Check City and I don't want him to see me."
It is better at this point to smile, knod and not become involved "oh, ok" I said and walked into work.

There is a healthy marriage for ya. . . .shoot.

Well, Coworker X was caught steeling money from a customers credit card two days ago and she has now been suspended. . . . . I was there when the entire thing went down, trying my best to mind my own business. The funny part about it is Coworker X knew she was in trouble, and was told to wait in a room until both the managers had time to sit and talk to her. While she waited she decided to do leg lifts to get in a little extra work out. . . Crazy people! X, you are 35! just sit there quietly like an adult and think about what you did! This is not a time to exercise!
 And guess who picked up her extra shifts?


Coworker Z is a real treat too. I have caught her taking shots at the bar when she thought no one was looking. Z has been caught drinking on the job multiple times and today called in sick. Guess who had to stay late and do her side work?

Coworker Q is just interesting. He grew up in St George Utah yet has developed a very thick, very crazy English accent. . granted he did live in Europe for 3 years. . but really? REALLY? He has long-ish hair that he pulls back in a sad little pony tail, and he is in the middle of writing a book. . So every time he has three seconds he is there with his lap top open typing away about who knows what. . . eye, yahe yahe!

Work has been crazy. And not in a good way, this is only a small glimpse at the madness that goes on behind close doors. . and I feel like my life is consumed in work. Granted this is what I wanted, and I love a good days work. . but the money has been what was planed on.

10am to 10pm, and my feet are sore and I feel like I'm getting walked on because I'm nice.
I put on a smile and pick up shifts, I do extra cleaning to avoid a panic attack from the manager.

When I get home my family gets the worst of it. I flop down and rant and rave about all the idiots, and tell my mom how much my feet hurt.

Today I woke up to go to work and my Mother had bought me some gel inserts for my poor feet.
They sat there with a little love note next to them I got all choked up thinking how my day was going to be brighter because my mom is awesome.

How can I go on like this!?
On the bright side- I am learning how to make sushi so get excited.
AND they just hired a big black man, so that could add a new spin on things. We'll see.

3 comments:

Connie de said...

Sounds you'll soon own the place because there will be no one left but you! Hurray! Also, Love your mom.

vanessa said...

Ha! Sorry! Me and Joey want to come eat at your place. Stay at least until we can get there. Which one do you work at? I just calculated I probably haven't seen you in over two years. Wha!?

McKayJoice said...

I know, I thought about that too. . it might even be longer then that.

It is the Mikado's right to the east of the South town Mall.
Tuesday the special rolls are half off, and I work every Tuesday night. I'd love to see you!

Powered by Blogger.