At Mikados yesterday I was working the lunch shift, it was real slow and the day mostly consisted of the servers goofing off. Taking off their shirt in the back room to show off tattoos or talking about crazy drunk stories. I really do love my co-workers, it is mild fun every time I work.
But there was a lady who came in, she was all done up, late 40s with clanky bracelets, big hair and her precious iphone. She was with her daughter who was about 17. The daughter was the only one I talked to as I seated the couple because Mom was involved in a conversation on her phone that couldn't be interrupted.
I didn't serve them but I watched them as they ate, it wasn't until about 5 minuets into the meal that she got off the phone, only to place another call about 2 minutes later and then was on the phone the rest of her time at Mikados.
The daughter ate in silence, poking at her food and watching us servers move about the restaurant.
This is not the first time this has happened.
I served a very good looking couple last weekend who said all of about 5 words to each other because she was consumed in texting. Then at one point she used her fancy iphone as a mirror to separate her eye lashes, then whet back to texting. .
If I ever went out with someone who was on their phone the entire time I would never go out with them again.
When you go out to dinner isn't half the reason you go is so you can enjoy the company of another person, take a step out of the crazy world and relax and enjoy good food, and being waited on?
Maybe they were in a fight, maybe it was an important phone call. . But every time it happens I can't help but be completely annoyed. I wanted to invite that 17 year old girl in the back kitchen where we were all laughing and eating and having a grand time, let her mom sit alone and eat with her phone.
Thursday, April 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
amen and amen and amen!
That is so sad. It really is annoying when people do that. How are the future generations ever going to learn how to have a normal face-to-face convo?
Exactly! our future is all electronic. . So sad.
Post a Comment