But now that the week is over I am officially a Sushi Server, I couldn't be more proud of my awesome self.
On my sushi test I missed ONE ingredient in my rolls, and that is the highest they have ever seen anyone do on the training tests. The boss made it a point to personally congratulate me. I felt so good, so I think I'm going to sign up to take the MCAT next week, I'm on a roll- I need to take advantage.
On my sushi test I missed ONE ingredient in my rolls, and that is the highest they have ever seen anyone do on the training tests. The boss made it a point to personally congratulate me. I felt so good, so I think I'm going to sign up to take the MCAT next week, I'm on a roll- I need to take advantage.
When I was alone in Bangkok I was walking down a street (this is going to sound to sketch but it wasn't, trust me) and this man with a turban wrapped around his head approached me and asked if I would like my fortune told. He caught me at a perfect time, I had been visiting Buddhist temples all week and practicing meditation. So I was feeling zen, and light, and happy. So I smiled with a "what the heck" attitude, the guy looked old and wise, I'm sure he is legit. And I followed him as he lead me down this ally way that was only about 4 feet wide between these tall buildings, until we reached a quite spot away from the city buzz, where he had two chairs set up. I sat with him as he took my palm and he told me a few things that hit so close to home that I got choked up. Then he told me about my future it was interesting, and I was full of skepticism. But among other things, he told me that my luck had not been good (I didn't agree with that, my life is so blessed with things I do not deserve) But he said that March would be my month, that luck would pick up, I would have three good things happen to me.
So this job, that I am loving, that I am good at, that is closed on Sunday, in the salt lake valley, surrounded by a wicked group of co-workers. . . I'm counting it as number one.
I also found some old earrings I lost, but I am holding off counting that as number two until the end of the month.
I really do rock at serveing.
I am moderately good at a lot of things, but there is only a very small handful of things that I know I excel at, serving tables is one of them.
I was hoping I would excel at "rocket science" or "Having an amazing singing voice while being the best dancer" I even think I would be great if music came a bit more easy for me and I could excel at "Piano" or "Violin"
But I got "Serving tables" (which incompases a lot of great qualities- multitasking, making small talk with the public, carrying 6 plates of food and 2 bowls of soup at once, flirting and being professional with the kitchen staff) and I'll take it, it sure beats being good at "drinking, and leaving your wife and children"
Am I right? Right? . . . Right.
4 comments:
"I'm on a roll" - no pun intended I'm sure. And I am so jealous of you excelling at "serving tables" I, too, am pretty average at most things but for some reason completely rock at growing wild curly hair and sleeping in till 4pm if I have to - which are important. I also don't feel "guilt" a lot - which I think is a real blessing.
Also (might as well make this a little longer) CL Canfield told me about a gas station attendant up in SLC that is really good at reading peoples palms (whether they want him too or not) - I have been meaning to stop in and get my own read.
you're going to get so rich on tips!
I wanted to buy a palm reading book, but was afraid mom would find it and throw it out. Palms, like Shakira's hips, don't lie. And I want to know more.
And it is true you don't feel guilt, is that a blessing? eh, I guess it is a half empty half full thing.
And yes Connie, I will be so rich. Then you can come visit me when I build my 2nd home in Chaing Mai.
Mom threw out my Wicca book, before I got to cast any good spells too. Now that I live alone I should be into that stuff.
We should make a pit-stop at that gas station some day.
Post a Comment