Every day before I start work, I have to take a 3 page written test. Today I got 100% on my Appetizers and Small plates. Tonight I am up trying to cram terms in my head, along with the Dinner Entrees. It is a bit nerve racking.
I have tried more raw fish this past few days then I have in my entire life.
I have learned how to present and pour wine, how to mix drinks, and how to not trip over my pants when they drag under my shoe from the wet floors. (I really need to hem them before work tomorrow)
Day one they told me that I was going to try one sushi roll every time I work. And while my stomach started to ake for food about half way through my shift I was so nervous about trying it. Wondering how I could gracefully spit it out or swallow it quickly.
But I'm excited to report that I love the stuff, I'm sold, I'm a believer.
I don't know how I have made it this far in my life without enjoying the unique flavors and fresh savor of it.
And I was selfish and sad today to bring home a Chepitos Roll and have to share it with my curious and hungry father.
I can't wait for the day when I know the menu forward and backward, because I have a sweet discount for me and a guest, and taking a friend out and treating them to high-end sushi is so posh, so grown up. I love it.
Oh man, I'm back in the work force, back and better then ever! Today was an awesome reminder of how great I am. Sam, my wonderful trainer loves me and I love him, he told me "I can tell that you are intellectual."
So funny, I wonder what tipped him off, he obviously hasn't seen my spelling.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so excited to come to your restaurant and try your sushi!!!! I'm so glad you like it, I think its tough not to. I'm trying to plan a trip with the kids this summer while Jesús is busy working. Maybe Mom will come with me. You better know the best stuff for me to try when I get there.
I am so very proud of you, I just might start tearing up, but probably not.
I want to try sushi... can I be your guest?
Alison- This summer with the kids? That sounds wonderful. I love your crazy kids.
Kylee- What the heck was that voice mail you left on my phone yesterday?
You are going mad.
Juje- YES, I would love to show you the ropes, give me a few weeks, then come down! I would love that!
Post a Comment