Monday, March 28, 2011

Making History.

UDOT and I-15 CORE made history last night by making the biggest bridge move in the western hemisphere.

At 354 feet long, the move started at 11pm and ended at 7am-ish.

Whitney's office had a perfect view of the bridge, so late at night we all gathered to watch the bridge move and play hearts.

I'm very very good at hearts, but I don't know how this happned. . .
Sometimes I am intimidated at the power of my own intelligence.

After 3 hours of cards, and only about 3 feet of bridge movement, we all went home. 

But before I left I drove down the the "Public viewing area" and at 2am in the morning there was about 100-150 people that had come out in the middle of the night to see the bridge move, with lawn chairs, and blankets, one person even had a little stand and was selling hot coco. Who are these people? Why am I not "in" with this crowd? When I'm 60 I want to be the lady who helps organize "public areas" for things just like this. It's just wonderful. 

3 comments:

Whittron said...

why didn't you post any roof photos?

and just to have this on record:
http://whitdawggg.blogspot.com/2011/03/horrocks-hearts.html

McKayJoice said...

How dare you advertise on my blog.

Whittron said...

how dare you think I am advertising, just merely setting everyone straight.

I hate that you most always win in hearts.

Powered by Blogger.