It's 9:04 in the morning and I'm wide awake. I feel like I've been awake for days. I had no sleep last night due to the mixture of the ceiling dripping on my face, a lump of ice on my back, cold toes, and the fear of the cave collapsing and being smashed by tons of ice and snow, dieing a slow panicking death where no one would find us until the snow melted in the spring.
Other then that- It was a rocken night.
The boys started to dig the cave when they noticed that someone had already dug a cave about 10 feet from where we were digging ours. . awesome. But it wasn't so much a "cave" as it was two different cavities . . or a shelf inside a cave. . Huh? does that make sense?
But it did the trick, and with our 4 bodies all smashed together it warmed up a bit, (a small bit) and it was real nice, (as long as you didn't have to sit up).
And there we laid, and tried to scare each other with stories.
At one point, before we all got settled in, Sheldon chopped down a tree just to impress us with his manliness, it worked. But the boys came unprepared with no flashlights, no water, no matches. . and if it wasn't for me and Rav who were fully prepared- we would have died. . Who doesn't take a flashlight camping?!
So I'm glad I can add it to my list of things I've done- Snow Cave? Check.
But as I sit here and type my feet are still cold and I don't know how egger I am to jump up and do it all over again, it was cold. After I take a hot shower I might be singing a different tune.
2 comments:
Those pictures make me so claustrophobic that I almost feel physically ill. was it as little as it looks? Good job for making it through the night ;)
That is so cool, I'm glad you survived the night! I love your blog btw :-)
Post a Comment