Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Points

I've been home for a week now. I have sores on my feet that are not healing and getting worse, my Mother was worried that I had got a pericyte and so today we had a nurse look at it.
Turns out that my skin just misses the humidity and is taking time to adjust to the altitude and dry cold air.
Her advice was to wrap them up and give it time. My answer is GET ME BACK TO CAMBODIA!
Either way they should heal soon. . . hopefully. I would hate to march my way through this life with an amputated stub, never being able of fulfilling my dream as a pop star's backup dancer.

But the week has been good, Max had his Australian day party, Grandma came in town, went shopping at the new DI in salt lake with my Aunt Dezzy, I helped Andie shave a part of her head, went with Jon Diaz to get tacos, went and played the piano for Grandpa. And as I drive Rav to and from Provo I feel like Christmas is coming, I see Christmas lights and for a brief moment I get excited. It really feels like the highland world stopped while I was gone, I haven't missed a beat. Even the road construction has not progressed in the time I was away.

Just same ol' same ol'. . .
I told Whitney and Collin last night "I'm back at the bottom of the totem poll"
Whitney looked confused "where you ever at the top of the totem poll?"
And she was right, I don't think I've ever been at the top. But my coolness points are off the charts and thats all that really matters.

The popular question with every single person is "so whats next?"
Is Cambodia not enough? what more do you people want from me?! . . with a crazy adventure Asia, backpacking a country all by myself, I feel like I have the right to a "be lazy for the rest of your life" ticket. . . right? I should be able to sign up for a profile on Match.com and T-voe all the Ellen and Biggest Loser that the DVR can handle and live out  the rest of my life without getting off the couch. I have enough coolness points now that people will not judge me, and maybe even want to be me. It will be great.

Also adding to my points, (I have been keeping track of them) is my brother is the new DJ for the cosmic bowling nights at Olympic lanes on Wednesday nights. . . I know, I know, I just gained another 20 points- it is ridiculous how I can't escape it, I just ooze awesome.

5 comments:

Whittron said...

never get off the couch again, you deserve it!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

And humility. Get a job.

Savannah said...

How many points are you up to exactly? I think I have negative points if we're keeping track. Seriously highland is exactly the same, nothing new at all. no new road. Probably won't ever be one, just endless construction. Are you coming to Logan? If so, you should come visit us and dazzle us with your amazing stories. :)

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

hey i didn't know your email adress but here is the address to the man repeller: http://www.manrepeller.com/

Powered by Blogger.