Sunday, January 23, 2011

Home, where my music's playing.

Hopped off the cab at LAX with my dreams and my cardigan. . .

I mean. . .  I rolled in to LAX after 19 hours in the air and 7 on the ground, tired and mangy, stinky and hungry, and on a one track mind to find a shower and a bed. . . . I was there, I had reached American soil and I could feel the freedom once again pulsing in my veins, all I needed now was a bed, a place to rest my head and dream about clean water, Obama, fluffy carpet, and fat sugary prosed food. So I headed out into the night to find any of the free airport shuttle to any cheap hotel. . . . So guess what genius decision I made? In my lazy stupor I got on the buss to the Hilton hotel, I think I was thinking it was another like "Holiday Inn" or something, anywho it cost me about the same amount as my entire trip, but the idea of getting back on the shuttle, back to the airport, finding another place, going there, meh.
So I paid the fancy price, and walked into my room. It was a room so perfect, something I've only seen in my wildest dream. This might be that I was comparing it to the places I had stayed in Cambodia. But the bed was king sized, with pillows and comforter made of clouds, the bathroom was so clean I licked the floor. eh, I mean, I could have licked the floor. could have.

I showered, and watched all the Asia flow off me and down the drain. I blew my hair dry I walked around in the nude a bit, turned on the TV and the first showed that popped up was "Heavy" - I had never seen it before, but you all know it- the classic obese American who is forced to get up and walk and they have nice shots of them hording food into there mouths. . and I jumped on my bed, and thought "welcome home"

I tried to capture a picture of me in the room, with clean hair (that I blew dry!). In my mind I had this vision of a picture of me in the air, flying over my bed with a big happy face, but I timed it way too wrong. . and kept getting pictures of the landing that was craken me up!
But it is a good indicator of exactly how fluffy the bed was. . . .so nice.

Best night of my life. Felt like a queen.


But after another 2 flights today- I am home, home to 63 unread texts, and my wonderful Highland house that my mom keeps so clean and colorful.


My family and John Diaz welcomed me at the Salt Lake airport in their Sunday best. . . Wrong terminal causing me to wait a half hour alone, but it all made up for it when the first hug from home was from John, and to see RaVoe running and crying is always a treat, she is such a crazy, wonderful mom.


I have fourty five point two million pictures, that you have not seen, and stories that haven't yet entered in your hearts so I might have a night for you Highland friends to swing by and I'll give you a show, I'm coming to Logan soon too, get excited. So if you wanta, come and I'll talk your ear off.

9 comments:

Rhiannon said...

So glad you made it home in one piece! So whats next for McKay?

Amanda Jane said...

Welcome home! That last picture warms my heart, I love the Orton home. I'm glad you came back in one piece. I enjoyed living vicariously through your adventure.

Sydnie said...

That second picture is killing me. That's exactly what I would be doing. Ha!! Welcome home! Visit soon!

Collin and Traci said...

I've loved reading about you crazy asian adventures. thanks for sharing. i'd love to hear more!

Ky said...

HILTON FACE PLANT!

I better be there when you tell your stories.

Juje said...

I want my face in a king-size bed. Bad.

McKayJoice said...

I'm glad you guys liked that face plant picture, it still cracks me up.

What's next? I think it might be all down hill from this point.

kerri said...

SO I have been reading every moment and loving it! I am jealous of your travels and adventures... and that Hilton bed!! I would love to see you and catch up. I live in bountiful now. Thanks for living the life this tired, single mom only dreams about!!! PS remember when you had green hair?

McKayJoice said...

Kari! we do need to catch up.
And no I had forgot all about the green hair, shoot, that was quite the night- so funny!

Powered by Blogger.