Someone stole my shoes. My Toms. So I had to walk barefoot to the store and buy new shoes.
I was surprised but not mad, I can't believe I've made it this far traveling alone without getting anything stolen, or getting lost or killed or diddled, so in thinking this might be the worst thing that happens it's A-OK with me! It was kind of comical to buy shoes barefoot, then put them on and walk away. I hope their new owner treats them well, they are good shoes.
Ups and downs I guess to taking off your shoes everywhere you go.
Anywho- I have relocated! to Vientiane, the capital of Laos.
The bus ride was great, I sat next to the sweetest guy who gave me all his peanut M&Ms and told me stories about India. The ride was so beautiful, Laos is so green, covered in rice fields and little villages.
I hadn't booked a place to stay so I just walked down the streets asking people where to say, and a friendly girl told me a cheap place that was close to everything.
So, I'm in a dorm room, meaning I have bought 'bunk bed number five' of 18 beds in this big open area, I have a locker. My guess is that 80% of you out there would never stay in a place like this, it is a bit run down and I kinda feel like I'm in the army or clear creek summer camp the way we are all in bunks and share the bathroom and all. But lets face it who didn't LOVE clear creek?
I was trying to lock up my locker and the stupid thing was not turning, the key was funny, the lock was old. Then out of the blue, this beautiful backpacking man approached me with his hair, and his tan, and his face, and with this beautiful accent asked to help.
As I thanked him, he said "yeah, I'm bed 13 just come get me if you can't get it open"
Shoot, bed thirteen? well, thank you Mr. thirteen, I'm Miss Five.
I'm going to love it here.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Diddled? Is it anything that I could think it might be?
13 is lucky!
Hahaha! I love that story... not about your shoes getting stolen, but the rest of it. Ya got me! I'm a giant wimp & happy I can live vicariously through your adventures. I am also very happy you haven't been stolen or something like that :)
This blog has just gotten too narcissistic. Not once have you bothered to ask any of us how we're doing or anything like that.
yes! colin's comment is hilarious. I miss him. diddled? that's great. not as graphic as "r"d.
Yah, I hated Clear Creek...what a horrible, miserable place. All that bloody tasting water and creepster Mr. Faulk. I thought about myself out alone somewhere in another country... and I think I would be terrified. You really are a brave person! I'm glad you haven't been killed or diddled yet either. Please be careful of that man in bed 13!
I have the WORST Clear creek experience.... i pretty much got diddled there. K, not really but I did have to be naked for like two hours straight.
Sorry about the toms. I will buy you a new pair when you get back..
(that should be some incentive to come home someday)
Kylee? two hours? what the?
And Mr Fulk? oh man I forgot all about that creep!
And Colin you are so right.
How are all of you? In the Utah cold? Hows work? or school?
BAH aha ha ha ha!
Oh hi Mr. 13, I'm miss 5.. HAHA I can totally hear your nervous giggle as Fabio approaches you at the lockers. Love it!
Post a Comment