Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Koh Chang Island

It surprises me every morning to wake up to a grass roof with a mosquito net all around me, when I thought about how great my backpacking adventure would be I tried not to think of moments like this because I didn't want to get my hopes up.
Andie and I were dropped off and had a 8 min walk before we found our hut. We are enwrapped in the jungle, I've never seen anything like this, yesterday while swimming in the ocean Andie and I could see mokeys playing in the trees.

Pineapple for breakfast, Crab for lunch, crunchy M&Ms and the Thai sunset for dinner.

We have extended our stay on the island. I am at a lost for words as to how amazing this place is Andie says "it's better then a screen saver" . . it is magic here, and the people here are so good to us, so laid back, and willing to help you with anything. Andie and I have made friends with a few locals.
I think this might be one of the only places on earth you can lay down on the peir, and order dinner.
And they will provide you with a pillow and a short tabble.

 and to think- this place was originally just a pit-stop on the way to Cambodia, now I think it is my favorite place on earth.




Andie tatoos my sunburn.





gas station





9 comments:

Whittron said...

I am so oooo pissed!!!!

#1 at your immodest swimsuit

#2 at this island of wonder!!!!!

#3 at andie's skirt.

Whittron said...

and by pissed, I mean jealous.

Jenna said...

Well McKay, the snow is knee deep at my house.
And you're wearing a bikini and tank tops, and watching the sunset over the ocean (you better be saying hell yeah in your head)

Ky said...

i cant believe i am sitting in a cubicle right now. i hate this.

RaVoe said...

I keep getting on the computer to look at these pictures of you two. I am smiling, smiling, smiling!!

the Ortons 9 said...

your version of 'Eat Pray Love'

Savannah said...

Gorgeous!!! That's it, I'm going. I'm quitting my job and divorcing my husband. lol. You're never coming back are you?

Whittron said...

I keep getting on too! I love the pictures!

McKayJoice said...

Kylee and Savannah- I have bag of fresh cut pinapple with your name on it.

Just come already.

Powered by Blogger.