It is killing me that my blogging is not to keep you all up to date as I want to, I am now in Cambodia, the Mother land, the Mecca of my journey, the peanut to my butter, the rice to my curry. . And it feels so good to be here, I was a bit nervous, because Thailand had treated us real well, and my hopes for Cambodia were set fairly high.
So I'm glad to report that I love it here, the smell, the people, the beautiful brown babies, the food, ah. . it is all so good. I feel like I'm going to turn into Angelina Jolie if I am here too long. . . no wonder she loves this place, no wonder she is adopting Cambodian babies.
But our journey to get here was beyond crazy, at one point Andie and I were on a road-side market and watched a complete stranger drive off with both of our passports. . (we got then back,it was no big deal) and at about 10:30 last night we were with our big ol packs sitting on the back of two different motorcycles, driving down a bumpy dirt road, holding for dear life onto Asians who didn't speak very good English.
We met so many interesting people yesterday, a girl named flow was cracking me and Andie up for our two hour border crossing and then a three hour bus ride. A 21-year-old girl who was a hilarious drunken mess.
So we are here, and I was too excited to wait to see the temples so we went for like ten minuets today after they closed, just there long enough to make it in the first gate, and be kicked out. So I saw it. My eyes have seen Angkor wat, it was wonderful.
We will be here all week, three days at the temple. So I'll have time to soak it in.
But I'll tell you- to be there today was amazing, I remember being on my mission in London Canada and sister Simpson telling me all about the temples in Cambodia, that I "had to see them"" and then that night writing it down on my bucket list.
To want to see something for so long and then finally dong it was inspiring, and unreal.
Cambodia is going to be wonderful.
And the more I'm around these Asian people the more I love them, I love the different way of life here, taking off your shoes, every where you go, loading your entire family on one motorcycle, letting dinner be an experience not just something to satisfy your hunger. I am constantly impress by the children and how much responsibility they have and how they love to talk to us.
Anywho. . . the Internet is a joke here, but we might go down to an internet cafe and see if it is any better so maybe I can stay on top of letting RaVoe know I'm alive, and well.
. . And post a picture or two of this place.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment