Sunday, December 12, 2010

Babies!




















 Today Andie and I both got on the back of a motorcycle and took off down the crazy streets, Andie on the very back holding on for dear life.
About two nights ago we saw a truck with about 50 men in the bed of it, they all had to stand for them all to fit.
The over sized loads and pure chaos almost doesn't even phase Andie and I anymore. And a lane of traffic is just the area where you are all traveling in one direction, a one lane road can quickly turn into 3-5 lanes, and if there is no oncoming traffic there can be more.

But if you think about it is makes perfect sense, why spend a ton of money on a mini van when you can easily fit a family of five on your motorcycle? and use that same motorcycle to transport truck loads of stuff, if you tie it down properly.

I can get enough of the babies, most of them are sandwiched between the mom and dad, standing, holding onto the dad's shoulders. . . So great.  


And what if it rains? No problem, just get a giant garbage bag, cut a slit in the bag for drivers head and arms, and the rest of the family can enjoy a nice dry ride under the bag, and the driver looks a little like a superhero with a massive cape. . . . Win win.
(Mom the middle Large picture is a tuk tuk, you were asking.)
I love it here.

3 comments:

vanessa said...

You have No idea how much I wish we traveled like this in America. I have visions and dreams of this. I have been seriously thinking about a way that I could prove how dumb cars are and get them banned. Ideally, I would want to use horses though. Maybe I am just living in the wrong place.

Whittron said...

love the old man with the pink hat! The woman on the back is priceless as well!

McKayJoice said...

Oh man Vanessa you need to move here. I can see you and your family fitting perfectly on a motorcycle.

Powered by Blogger.