Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Coka" for everyone!!

Andie has quickly become extremely popular with her little Polaroid camera.

We were sitting down to eat dinner on the street the other night and four small boys came up to ask if we would buy their postcards or bracelets, they were cute cute boys and being so funny.
"You buy for your boyfriend"
"But we don't have a boyfriend
Do you know why?
Why?
because you don't buy my postcard

So we teased them for a while, and then we invited them to sit and eat with us, they were so happy and were so polite as they all found a spot to sit at our table. The entire meal they were so cute telling us their names were Ice cream, or stick, and then they would laugh and laugh. I let them order a Coke and they were so excited. We made them sing Justin biber and taught them how to snap.

At the end of the meal Andie wanted a picture and they got together and smiled. And as the picture came out and it was blank they were all so confused and were trying to peel it open so Andie grabbed it from them and told them to wait. When the image appeared they went nuts, all smiles and so amazed. So Andie took a picture of each of them and let them keep it. Soon our server, a boy about 16 years old came over and he wanted one, then a lady who was watching near by came over with her baby to take her picture, and Andie was all smiles, it was so great. We turned around and there was this old Asian lady who was trying to tell us she wanted one, so great.

And grand total - full meal for 5, coke for all, smoothly for Andie and myself- 11 bucks.
The look on the Cambodians face to discover Polaroid cameras - priceless.

Wish we could do it every meal.

And as the boys left they all wouldn't stop saying thank you, they were so well mannered, one of them gave us a bracelet he was selling and said thank you as he gave it to us. And they are so good to each other, it is so cute to see. . and they are out on the streets at night, running a muck, trying to make a buck. . we see kids all the time, but the parents are no where to be seen, it is crazy.











 So now she takes pictures where ever we go of the kids, and they love her.




8 comments:

Marianne said...

THAT is the coolest. It almost makes me teary at the thought that maybe some have never seen a picture of themselves. I am so jealous of your adventure. I think I'll donate so you can treat some little kids on me:) Have fun!

Rhiannon said...

I LOVE this story! That is sooo awesome!

Sydnie said...

THIS is my favorite post. Pictures are magical... And cross-cultural, apparently!

Savannah said...

I love this so much! Look at these kids. They will be talking about this for years! Way to go Andie :)

Brett Z said...

Seriously, this post makes me so happy...wow, I am so glad you are doing what you are doing and that you are letting us all have a little taste. Brought tears to my eyes.

RaVoe said...

Extended family, ward members, and neighbors, who read your blog and are following closely the events of your travels, have been saying to me," your girls are so amazing" "your girls are so wonderful". I just smile and say, "I know."

McKayJoice said...

Well mom don't get too high headed you should hear about the stuff I'm not posting!

And I'm so glad I could bring a little tear to your eyes, the kids here are so amazing, I just wish I knew some magic tricks.

RaVoe said...

Dearest daughter, It's the non-posted stories I can't wait to hear about...I know you are crazy!! And now, our Andie is participating right along with you...learning from the master. OH NO!!

Powered by Blogger.