Spent the wee hours of my Saturday morning with some hot (homemade) wassail, the sun rise, fresh air and a rainbow of vibrant colors flying all around me.
I have come to find out that when I stand on high places my body will get nervous, not because I'm scared, but because I want to jump. I just look out over such a wide open space I feel so small and want to jump out and be part of something so majestic and huge.
We went and watch the paragliders play, cheer on Dustin . . I don't know why I have lived here for so long and never been up there. To stand and observe one filling up his glider, walking to the edge of the hill and then just stepping off into air filled my heart with hope that my body can jump off it wants too, it is perfectly safe. It was so empowering, as I watched I felt like my spirit was up there flying mixed in with all the colors.
Two highlights-
One- The dogs that would run around like crazy, chasing their owners who were flying through the air.
and Two- The guy who swooped down and almost decapitated us girls as we laid flat screaming on our blanket. . I've never been flirted by a guy who was flying before. (been flirted by? that sounds so wrong why did I phrase it like that?) It was wonderful.
Hang-glider Bad A boys, and their dogs-
All I can think of now is trying it, I would be good at flying. . real good. Until then I will be going up every morning to observe the manly men sore across the sky with peaceful ease. . See you up there.
Riana, Sorry I have to post some of your pictures too- I just love them, well done-

.jpg)

1 comments:
that picture of you with my blanket about to take off... well it just warms my heart like wassill warms the soul.
Post a Comment