One gal, (I've never met and have yet to comment on her blog how much I love her) is spending her time in Italy right now, and my heart is captivated by her every word. I've been to Italy, I stayed a night in Trento and saw fair Verona (Romeo and Juliet) and walked the beautiful streets of Venice.
And I can't explain it, but love was consumed in every bit of that place, pouring out from the dim street lights and moving through the cobblestone streets. Even if you didn't have a lover in your life it was ok, because the stars would kiss you goodnight, the beautiful Italian language will whisper to you how beautiful you are and the food would fill every part of you with a warm embrace. I felt magic there.
I would love to go back.
But this girl, who I follow, recently visited Ponte Milvio, a bridge in Rome where lovers take a padlock and lock it right onto the bridge. Symbolizing their eternal love. A couple would hang a pad lock after inscribing their name or initials on it and throw the key into the river so that their love is locked forever!
How incredibly romantic. . .
. . . . Each one has a story.
One of the locks if you look close it says "you are the one"
But apparently after some Googleing I find this is not just a Italy thing, (although it was very fitting). There was even a debates on how the Brooklyn bridge was holding up with the love locks it was receiving. . .So great.
And in Italy written on a wall near by was-
ti amo da qui... alla fine del mondo... di nuovo qui... all'infinito
And google told me it means-
I love you from here . . . at the end of the world . . . here again ... inftinity
More love, the world just needs more love.
PS WHINTEY JUST POSTED THE GREATEST LITTLE BLOG.



1 comments:
This... Is so lovely.
I agree with the thoughts of travel, when forced out of our physical and mental comforts, folks are forced (or at least given ample opportunity) to live everything so fresh, reckless, and hungry.... To witness that and share in it, even just a touch, is truly beautiful.
Post a Comment