Patty called yesterday and gave me the day off, and with this free time I realized not everything on my summer "to do" list was done. I know summer is gone, but better late then never. So I tried to round up a friend at like 10 last night to hike Timp with me the next morning, and Sara didn't think twice about it, she was in, (such a good quality in a person) and quickly became my favorite hiking buddy. It was a perfect day with the fall leaves, and when we got to the top- no wind, it was beautiful. We stayed on top for quite a while reading and pondering and letting a chipmunk eat my pop-tart.
I've never hiked Timp. So it was kinda a big deal for me. We made great time too.
I love that my body can just climb a mountain if I make it.
11 comments:
I love that it says willpower over your shoulder.
Well no wonder I couldn't see you, you said you were wearing black??? but you are also wearing gray and brown.. you totally camouflaged into the mountain.
That's a good spot. That photo of you on top is brilliant by the way. Just in case you didn't know.
I like that it says "Steve Holt" about your other shoulder.
And by about I mean above.
And since I've already posted 3 comments in a row I'll go ahead and make it 4.
5 actually.
Steve Holt!! on man, how did I miss that?
steve holt was the first thing i noticed! I wanna hike to the top now just to see that & maybe for the view too.
I LOVE the picture of you in your scarf. It could be in a magazine:)
I had tons of fun too. I loved being outside, hiking, and hearing what goes on inside of McKay's head. and your brain. and your mind.
Post a Comment