I assume that when someone says "Loop" it means you go up, and it loops around and you end up where you started. Right? this is not an absurd thing to think.
But today I took a motorcycle ride on the Alpine Loop and I was dumbfounded to find that it takes you up and over the Rockies and you end up in SUNDANCE! Why don't we call this the Alpine UP and OVER, or The Alpine ROAD. . . Loop? phesh! loop nothing.
So I was trying to think, real hard if i had ever been on the "loop" before if I ever remember coming up the mountain and finding sundance. . . . and I couldn't think of a time. Maybe when I was a punk teenager and Dad loaded up the kids for a Sunday drive and I was pissed and carsick and didn't noticed when we got to Provo, how we got there.
Either way it was surreal, and I have been making the drive to Provo everyday for the past few weeks and never knew this, I mean, living in Utah Valley all my life and never known this. I hate myself, and all of you for not telling me, or taking me on this drive.
But it was beautiful, the entire drive, a beauty that pictures would not capture, a whirl of tall white quaken aspens surround you, the smell of the fall leaves, and the wind along your face, the gold sun, the feel of my scarf and leather boots, hair that smelled like coconut M&Ms.
I could make that drive two times in five years and never get sick of it.
I mean, two times a day for five years, and not get sick of it.
God Bless America. God Bless the Fall. God belss Motorcycles.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you are retarded.
Just don't do it during Conference weekend. It's wall to wall cars. And I mean SLOOOW!
Good to know!
Post a Comment