Friday, August 27, 2010

British Columbia

Owls, the mysterious bird that rules the night, that can spin its head around 360 degrees, and in all the cartoons I can think of (school house rock, fox and the hound, whinny the pooh) the owl flies solo, and stands for wisdom. A magical creature, that carries letters and hunts by hearing. I can only remember one time when I have seen one of these birds in the wild, I hit the beautiful white creature with my car. . . But let's not focus on that. . . .  I started a collection of owls about 5ish years ago, just picking them up whenever I traveled.

So I knew from the start of my little trip last week that it was going to be nothing short of magic.

We had been driving for a while, day one, and were out on a dirt road in Virginia (Idaho) when we disturbed an entire flock of owls that were sitting in the road, they all got startled and took off flying all around our car.
So cool, so weird, an entire flock of them.    


And when they flew around our car they blessed us with a power of adventure, and made the stars aline for our good. It was either that or when you place two spontaneous carefree people together the synergy makes amazing things happen. . . . But I think it was the owls.


When we got about a half hour out of Canada Nathan called to get directions to the house, and we were informed that there was a bus made up and ready for us to sleep in. Shoot. Can someone remind me when I'm all grown up to have a bus for when company comes? I can’t tell you what it does to a human soul to arrive at a farm house with the fresh Canadian air and have a school bus that has a place to hang your clothes and a comfortable king sized bed. Placed about 100 feet from a lively little farm house, amidst the trees.

It wasn't until the next day that we noticed that the bus was placed where it was because it was standing in as part of the fence to keep Gypsy, the horse, in her pasture. Also noted was the name of the bus "Humming Bird Express" . . Brilliant.

Wish I could capture all of the crazy memories. But it is purely impossible.
But here is a highlight reel, and some pictures.

-Nathan cooking with his little camping stove.
-Goat cheese, kabacha,  and all the amazing organic creations that Emily made for us.
-Loading up Hay with Denis and Jay
-Deerba
-Arial, the real treat of a lady down the road with the beautiful garden who spits in her wine
-Hot pots, lakes and hippie holes
-"Whoo-Hoo!"
-Blueberry faces and naked little boys who can hammer





. . clean air, clean water, a home grown meal, and Jesus. . Right? Right.

4 comments:

Savannah said...

oh mckay, how do you find these people? amazing. { you and nate are cutie patootie! )

Lejeanart said...

thanks mckay...love to see my grandkids even when its only in pictures!

Sydnie said...

I still love this

Rhiannon said...

More details please!!!

Powered by Blogger.