Sure enough I walk into the smokey kitchen and there is a pot of soup or beans or something on the stove that had been cooked until it couldn't be cooked anymore, black and hard. . . and there was Grandpa asleep on the bench in the kitchen.
I took it outside and opened the windows and got the febreze out, kinda scary that Grandpa wants to cook.
I took Grandpa outside to try and fly this kite I had bought, he sat on the back porch (next to the burnt soup). I went in and was helping grandma and when I came back out I found him playing with the spoon of the burnt soup.
"Grandpa did you eat that?"
"No" . . . (I look closer to see there is bits of black burnt stuff on his lips)
"Well, I just put it there on the tip of my tongue and it turned over in my mouth"
"Grandpa, this is burned, do you want a Pepsi to get that taste out of your mouth?"
"ok"
We sat outside for a good portion of the time today, wanting the rain to come and water the lawn.
I found a game of checkers, and set it up for grandpa and I to play.
I was winning and doing quite well, when grandpa would take so long between his turns, that eventually he fell asleep right in the middle of our game.
It was his way of getting out of a game he knew he was going to loose.
Old people can do whatever they want.
This picture just makes me smile. so funny.
Favorite part about my Grandpa is that he is always telling me how great I am, how much he loves me, that I'm beautiful.
It does wonders for your self esteem.


2 comments:
I like your grandpa! He's a good egg! If only there were more grandpas like him in the world. :)
Grandpa's are excellent people.
Post a Comment