Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Camping 2010



You know that feeling when you come home from camping and you are tired, gross and smell like smoke and there is this feeling on your face that there is a slight layer of dirt/dust?

Now try going camping with two dogs, and adding the smell of wet dog and a pile of dog hair in your hair and on your pillow.

It is wonderful, makes you feel that much more hard core, that much more like you became one with nature.


Camping with naked boys men. . .



Apart from leaving to go up at 2am, getting the truck stuck in the river and watching the manly men get it out, playing with hot coals, waking up slow, the dogs, My favorite part of the camp out was in the morning- The boys got on their swim wet suits and I my swim suit, and we were enjoying the lake floating on our sleeping pads, Ben found, right on the edge of the lake, a little pocket of water that had floating in it (to be retrieved later by campers or hikers I assume) was like 8 pac suns, a coke, and a bottled water, all unopened, all cooled down by the lake water.

You would have thought the boy would have found the treasure at the rainbows end. "manna from heaven!!!" throwing me, not one but two of the pac suns and then opening one himself. . . it was the greatest day of his life.

And he laughed as we all floated around until all the drinks were gone.



I love these two boys, but more importantly. . . I need a wet suit.

5 comments:

Whittron said...

we all need wetsuits, I think they should make them as garments so we can wear them under our clothes.

Heather said...

I love that you went camping with a bunch of boys. I love camping! and more importantly, I love Australian Shepherds ! They're the best dogs! :)

Riana Grace said...

you should tell hoss hi for me.

Sydnie said...

Who are these boys? They look like an absolute blast.

jendar said...

i love camping...would you be interested in coming to nyc sometime and camping with me in central park?

Powered by Blogger.