Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spiral Jetty

The days I don't grab my camera always seem to come back and bite me in the butt.
For some odd reason, to go see the Spiral Jetty has been on my to-do list, and today I can check it of. I wasn't planning on going, things just beautifully fell into place. This brother-in-law of a friend of mine needed help getting his 4-wheeler un-stuck about 2 miles from the spiral. 
A good modern day "Ox in the Mire" Sunday adventure.
Or in our case "4-wheeler in the Mud"
The coolest thing to me was seeing all the salt around the Great Salt Lake, I had driven past the salt flats before, but I guess it didn't register how cool it is. Thousands of Slat squares lining the floor. We picked up a big ol rock that was made entirely of salt crystals, and licked it. . . it was great. 

It was worth the drive, it was beautiful out there. 
 Such a good day. 

3 comments:

Savannah said...

I've never even heard of this- how neat! This may have made it on our Summer TO-DO list, I haven't been to the Great Salt Lake for years!

Miss McKay said...

So Savannah, you won't regret it.

Miss McKay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Powered by Blogger.