Tonight, the Best Buddies had a talent show up on campus, it was kinda a big deal, the event was catered, and lots of people showed up. And the Buddies were so so great, I was laughing and cheering the entire time.
Favorites- Dorthy got up and did all her favorite sounds. Including someone yelling at her to get out of the bathroom.
Kimball Burton and his best buddy read the "who's on first?" skit, and then threw a ball back and forth.
One girl got up and sang, and her Mom and sister were her back up singers/dancers.
Matt's best buddy told some jokes he had written.
And one buddy had them dim the lights so he could make a dramatic entrance to sing phantom of the opera, with a girl that had no idea she was going to have to sing with her buddy. . I think the quote was after they were done was "thanks guys, she was good and I was good"
One guy had everyone hold up their cell phone and sing along with him to "Proud to be an american"
And one told everyone that this was his favorite song and wanted to sing it, then sang the first verse to "The Spirit of God." -it was cute.
It was great. . . And everyone who was there was so supportive and so happy to watch their buddy.
Brandon, Jo's best buddy got up and yelled "I'm Brandon and I work at the Providence Macy's!!" and the crowd went wild. Then danced, and shimmyed and moon walked to Michael jackson. . . So great.
And it just warms my heart to watch the people work with the buddies, All school year had been their friend and now they were dancing together on stage, and the supportive families who cheer very loud and take pictures, I saw a few of the girls who sang with flowers after-words that someone had given them.
And the Buddies have no fear, they get up there and preform and feel like a celebrity, It is so great.
We love the best buddies.
1 comments:
"What's the difference between a Hoover and a Harley? The location of the dirtbag."
He really does write his own stuff. Every year. That Talen Show is probably my favorite event on campus. Love it.
I went to the Providence Macey's that night and all I could think of was Brandon.
Great post, McKay. I'm going to have to get some of these pictures from you. My camera died halfway through the night.
Post a Comment