I played with my insects today. There is a festival I want to enter them into this summer but they want photos of my work by next week to see if they like what i do, and then come summer, I get to be in a art festival with traveling artists.
The more I frame and play with bugs I've caught, the less I want to ever part with them. I finished two more today, two that have been in the making for a while, and I am happy with how they turned out.
But for now here is a little sneak peak at things I have made. .
The back ground on this one is what makes it great (I am real crappy at taking pictures) Boxelder bugs, covering the entire thing. Some people might call them a nuisance, to me they are the sprinkles on the cake to my lovely Logan. I love them. The help in collecting all the Boxeleders came from a lot of great hands too.
I've done a lot with braille. I bought some old braille books of e-bay, the little raised bumps make for a wonderful backdrop. . I love it. . and the colors on these weevils? Amazing, truly the simplest, sweetest testimony of a living God. How could these little creatures be this intricate without a God?
But maybe if you are lucky I will show you pictures of all the finished pieces, if the pictures turn out how I think they should, or if the festival likes my style. . . . yeah, there might not be a chance you ever see what I have been up to. . So just savor what you got.
1 comments:
I think I helped you collect Box Elder bugs when we played Werewolf. That was when I found out you were into bugs. I like that memory.
Post a Comment