The facts are these:
Jo and I went to watch the meteor shower, we got our big coats on and a big ol' blanket.
Jo directed me to a spot where it was very dark and the snow covered mountains were the brightest thing we saw, the sky was black and the stars so bright, and the little lights from logan were so sparkly and beautiful.
We laid down and were making wishes on little shooting stars, talking and laughing
"is that a dog?"
"it's a pot hole"
. . . I feel like my laugh gets real loud when i lay down.
And then it happened.
We witnessed the most amazing shooting star I have ever/ I will ever see, nothing will ever compare.
It started as a simple ray of white light and then turned blue then purple. . . with each color change it was getting brighter and stronger. . then Green. . . then it just cught fire with amazing red yellow and orange light. . . Jo and I saw flames!
And it wasn't going across the sky, it was headed straight down, For a moment I thought it was going to land on Logan.
I would say it lasted for a solid ten seconds, and then it was gone. . at this point jo and I were both sitting up and in complete awe, It had happened so suddenly and in silence.
I don't think anything will ever come close to how incredible that was to watch. I saw flames on a meteor headed for earth. Took my breath away.
Then Jo and I couldn't think straight, Juje called me (she knew I was out star gazing) and said she was in the living room and saw the sky light up. (FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE)
And you know, Hollywood has it wrong, i didn't realize that until now. If a burning meteor is headed for earth it will be more vibrant, more colorful and magic then what they are showing us.
Jo said "this is something that we will tell our grandkids, Well, not OUR grandkids. . . eh!"
. . . I had to remind jo four times to not make a move on me.
I love Jo, and he is right I will remember night forever, as a staple to our dear friendship.
It was great cause when i heard about the meteor shower i thought "I could use a few wishes right now". . . I tend to believe in magic- wishing on wishing wells, birthday candles, eyelashes and shooting stars has always been such a real thing to me.
So I made a wish, a wish to top all wishes.
I'm excited for it to come true.
4 comments:
we saw that same star!!! I literally thought the world was ending!!!
I hope all your wishes come true!
I saw most of it too, McKay, I saw it turn to green and then burst into flame and go yellow gold. Me and Mom both thought it would hit the ground.
then a while latter we heard a low deep rumble. We questioned each other on whether it was possible to hear the meteor and dismissed it. But on KSL today the NASA Utah guy said that the sonic boom could be heard 5 minutes later. So we think we did hear it. way cool.
I like the way you described it, it made shivers run up my spine.
I saw a huge one as I was coming home from FHE on Monday night. It was awesome, and then I saw another one later but it wasn't as vibrant as the first one. I was so excited.
Post a Comment