Saturday, November 21, 2009

Extraordinary


Not last summer, but summer of 2008 met this guy on a bus in Logan, we were both on a march to fight aids, or promote a block party. (I don't remember witch one) We talked about dancing. That's all i remember.
Later that summer I saw him slacklining at Adams park, and again we chatted, I think that was when we exchanged phone numbers.
I hadn't seen or talked to him after that until last September when we saw each other at the Elephant Engine High Dive Revival. (poetry)

And then last week I get this random text from him inviting me to a thanksgiving dinner he is holding with his friends. . . . So i went.


And i made a chocolate cake.

(it was a beautiful cake that didn't quite make it to the party in one piece, but according to John and Justin it sure tasted good)

Seth's friends are delightful. The food was good, and it was so natural to sit and make fun of his friends and myself. It was a good time.

But the reason I post this weird evening is that Seth and I were talking. . . he likes to write. And he said-

"If you have a unique, extraordinary life, you are obligated to write about it"

I love that idea.

I asked him if he thought his life was that way and he responded "i don't know"
It was great. .

I wonder if he wants to share the great things about his life with others, or if intrigues him to read about other people who live their life in a unique way.

Either way, it makes me want to write more. . . . cause i think my life is extraordinary.
I love making cakes.

4 comments:

Whittron said...

excellent!

RaVoe said...

I covet that cake stand! Does it belong to you?

Jen said...

looks delish.

Ky said...

i remember that block party/aids march, and i remember seth, i remember seeing him at the park, and i remember thinking all your cakes were delicious.

Powered by Blogger.