Yesterday I was alone on Haight Ashbury Street in San Fransisco. It was dusk and I had already been offered pot and watched about 5 other people smoke it. .. .
I stood outside this music store when down the street walks two middle aged hippie men. Real narly beards and leather sun-dried skin. . they both had dread locks down to their hips. . . I didn't want to stare but I couldn't help it- I was staring.
The one looked at me and said, pointing to the ground "Hey, you dropped your smile"
First reaction is to look for what I dropped, especially cause he was pointing to it. . .and then I realized what he said, felt dumb and started laughing.
Then he pointed at me and said "Thanks for picking it up" and just kept walking.
I smiled about it the rest of the trip. I love hippie men.
I love San Fransisco . . Crazy people, sharp beautiful colors, and food that costs a small fortune, but is worth every penny.
3 comments:
you crazy girl :) how are you in san fransico all of a sudden? can I use that line- you dropped your smile? i love that. who did you go with? why? when? how? too many questions? ok.
what a great story! I can totally imagine it too, I love that you looked down to pick it up!
Oh how we need to combine our efforts on our next road trip. I feel we can make it truly epic...
Post a Comment