On the drive back from Havasu in the 118 degree Arizona weather on this long stretch of nothing the car started to over heat. The three of us in the back seat of the car began to stick together with uncontrollable sweat because the boys thought it best to turn on the heater and roll down the windows. Hayley tried to roll her window up with a pillow case tucked in to to provide a little shred of shade and in doing so her finger got caught and skin and nail where split. . Dale in the front seat had over 25 bites on each hand from who knows what and was tormented with an out of control itch.
And because of how awesome my friends are, and an amazing Arizona radio DJ who knew all the songs we wanted to hear. It was one of the funnest times of the trip. (that, and the drive to Hurricane with DJ Jo) If i did it again i wouldn't change a thing.
It was crazy to see this Indian village in the middle of nowhere, growing crops and running their own school. . . And i couldn't help but think of what a great place that would have been if they had kept it up. Maybe cleaned up the trash or shot a wild dog or two.
So when i become a Cheerleader, or Trillionair I'm going to buy out the Indian's place, move the Indians somewhere real nice. . and then create my own society down there, they already have this quaint LDS chapel, it would work out great.
And if you are LDS, (or on the verge of being converted or just a great person who shares same morals and views) and have skills that would contribute to the village I will interview you, and if things work out i will give you a house in Havasu. (anyone from the Highland 11th Ward has an automatic in, as well as the gnomes)
It would be a lot of work, but it would be a great way to live out your life. . raise a couple of hooligan boys to work hard.
Just something to think about, If you are interested in the village you can start now by donating money to me. Once I hit one trillion dollars I'll let you know via blog.
We had a great time, Riana is right "there is something about carrying everything you need on your back"
There is also just something about being in hurricane that just makes you feel at home, Natalie and Juje have the most amazingly awesome families. . Always i feel so comfortable around them, maybe a little TOO comfortable. That other situation would Dale and Collin dance like crazy in front of crowd?
I'm home now, and my laundry is done, and i went to the store to find that there is two or three more mountain house meals i have yet to try. so let me know I need one or two more camping trips before the summers end.
3 comments:
I can't wait till you become a cheerleader.
that one with our hands on the back of each others heads is KILLING me, killing me I tell you. seriously, I wish I could stop laughing.
I know! I love that we just listen to jo without question.
Post a Comment