My math teacher is so great they call her the Martha Stewart of the math world. The way she is explains math is brilliant, I have no questions ever. . . granted I feel like i have always had a good handle on math. She is funny too. Today she was talking about Real Numbers. . . and she was talking about how they should call the other group non-real numbers, or something because (and then she said and i quote, (it KILLED me i thought it was so funny)) "I hate the word "imaginary" numbers, It is like we are going to Disneyland to do math in the basement with magic" . . . . that is so funny to me, ah! I love Disneyland.
Also my Anthropology teacher is amazing. I don't even know his name as i sit here and think.
He told us not to buy the book, and he just stands in front of the class and talks about "when i was with the Shoshone Indians. . . " or "i was taught in Germany to hold my knife like. . . . ."
Technology totally freaks him out i love it he can't use the computer, and he knows the weirdest facts. About secluded societies that believe in magic or about how people today still hunt and have wars. . . it is just cool to me. I love that class. . . i don't know how he is going to test on his stories he tells but i completely love it, I love when people tell me stories, I could listen to that old man all day.

He was telling us about this one culture has no word for "thank you" . . . and then he went off to say how he has words to say everything he wants. . . except one thing. . . . And thats when idiot McKay chimed in "what "one thing"?" . . and he smiled and said "i can't tell you, i don't have the words for it."
I love this picture because it is just so crapy. . . I love how he stands with his face right in line of the projector. . . I bet it makes him feel like he is preforming on a stage.
As we left class a girl asked if we had homework, and it caught him totally off guard. . "Well, If you did buy the book- you could read about languages, if not- I'll see you Tuesday"
3 comments:
Mckay! I love this post, I love that you love school! It makes me want to go back- but only for the first and last weeks of the year. I feel jipped they never did a foam dance when I was there. How many credits are you taking?
LOL well your teacher's name is Richley Crapo. I had him for ANTH 1010 and am actually sitting in his ANTH 5100 class right now.
Bethany. . . don't you just love him? we are so lucky.
Post a Comment