Sunday, August 30, 2009

Love you like the stars above, Love you till I die.

Jo is one of the greatest guys, and even when we all give him a hard time for his crazy corks, I have just grown to respect him for all he does.

Jo asked if I wanted to help with Poetry and a Beverage this year, and even tho it isn't too much work it was so great to be a part of it. I love poetry, I could listen to it all night. . . And tonight was perfect, we set up outside, and the moon was bright and lurking threw these dark clouds, the stage was set up right by this apple tree with great green and red colors to act as a back drop. .

Then the poetry was great. . TJ, this cool black kid won the slam poetry contest in Harlem. . .HARLEM. . he was so great, and Juje even got up and did a number, Juje. . . i wish i had my camera, she looked beautiful.

So, pure success, and I'm overly excited for September 17 when Anis Mojgani comes to USU. . . He is my favorite poet as of now. And apparently he is bringing elephants with him? Whaaa? . . yeah, i don't know, but I'm excited.

It was a perfect way end to the back to school week. . . . I love the simple things that seem to make me so happy, or just the things that inspire me.

Tangent:
I went home like 2 weeks ago? a month ago? (i'm horrible with time frames) and i walked past Angle's Hallmark (my place of employment for two and a half years of my Provo life).
And as i peeked in I saw Joanne, my old manager, still working there.

When i worked there she had been there for years, and she was still there, and she will always be there. .

Just glad that's not my life. . . I mean, it works for her, and maybe when i'm old it will work for me too. . . But i'm just glad i say yes to too many things. . and BAM all of the sudden i'm living in logan utah with gnomes and Po and a Bev and radio and things.. . I'm glad RaVoe didn't raise timid orton girls (can't say that much for the Orton boys). And i'm glad that my Dad gave us a educated sense of humour- i never have to be perverted to make one laugh, that and a love for good music.
One reasons not to have kids: I couldn't do half as good a job as my parents did with us. . . . I guess i could have a kid and let RaVoe raise it, she would have no problem with that.

Tangent over.

So yeah, Po and a Bev- Best one yet. . . .I'm so happy to be an Aggie. God bless Utah State.

6 comments:

the Ortons 9 said...

Romeo & Juliet

McKayJoice said...

Glad you caught that.
Knew you would

RaVoe said...

If you can conceive it, I can raise it.

Miss McKay said...

please don't use the word conceive.

vanessa said...

conceive, conceive, conceive...
just kidding.

Whittron said...

that actually is the most genius idea. I going to give all the babies I have from now on to RaVoe to raise.

Powered by Blogger.