Sunday, May 17, 2009

Logan. Sunday. Temple.

I think it is because I've been watching a ton of pushing daises- wanting to get caught up before they air the last 3 episodes.  . . but . . I think it has been leading me to notice more color, And appreciating simple things. . . That show is great. 

But today the world was beautiful, today the sun was so warm, and the grass has been so green from the rain. The gnomes took a dinner up the canyon, and we ate under these tall trees that had this shallow river moving with green grass and a single duck that was floating down stream. . (if i was a duck i would float down streams all day)

At stake prayer the short bald piano guy had bright green laces in his shoes, and bob had new glasses that looked great on his face, and Adam Wardie was wearing his Montana shirt, and Rowdy's Popsicle sick feel off his Popsicle. . and Mami's mom was there from japan, and the ward clerk from the other ward (i think his name is Brady) rode a tandem bike with another guy to ward stake prayer. . . or stake prayer rather. .  i found some treasure on the sidewalk. . . And I got my first mosquito bite of 2009. 


I spent some time in my hammock, reading a book that put great thoughts in my head. . . .just a good day.

I love Logan. . .i've been in here for One Year and Twelve Days. (i don't know why i felt the need to capitalize that, i don't know all the rules, titles, names, important things right?. . .well One Year? that is important.) 

Today marked the birthday of the Logan Temple 125 Years. (again, capitalized, that's great) 

Stake prayer we met on this hill up on campus where we could all see the temple, the sun was setting and turning the temple gold. Brother Hoogie/what's his face, from the stake, stood and talked about the temple,  how it was the 2nd to be built, and how he was married in it a long time ago . . It was magic. 
It makes me so glad I'm a crazy Mormon. Being part of old traditions and benefiting from the people who walked before me. 
In the temple this week, I felt so weird being surrounded by everyone in white. . and by weird i mean magical, like something great was going on around me, and i had no idea how important the work was, but one day i might know. . . if that makes sense.

Good Day. I love Sundays. Love them. 

I took the picture with my phone. I think the number one reason i Love this temple is because it looks like a castle. 

4 comments:

Savannah and Braden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Savannah and Braden said...

I love YOU and your POSTS- you turn everything into something romantic and special. and i loved seeing you at the temple the other day. maybe we can go and sit on the wrong side of the room and learn sign language again.

Unknown said...

I also got my first miskito bite of the year. But I got like 8 in 2 minutes so i don't know what one was first.... I hate miskitoes and they love me.

Nat said...

that picture is wonderful. I'm so glad it was on your phone so that it is blurry, I think it made it better.

Powered by Blogger.