I ate my first Funyon today, the first three were great and then it quickly turned on me, into the grossest thing i could put in my mouth- So i started to drinking Pepsi to rid the taste out of my mouth, mistake number two.
Board at mooches, Eating Funyons.
My roommate Natalie will resort to doing crazy things when she needs to stay awake and drive, windows down, slapping herself, singing loud. . .(such a funny image to me)
I just agreed to work the grave shifts at mooches and it makes me nervous to think of the things I might do to keep myself awake and happy. Funyons and Pepsi are only the beginning.
I discovered a great lunch place in Salt Lake today. A sister I knew on my mission had "the perfect guy" for me, and had set me up to meet this guy.
It kills me cause this girl really knows so little about me, I think the thing was- "hey! he likes doing outdoors stuff! and so do you! And he is not married, and either are you! perfect!!"
It's adorable really. . .and it is ALWAYS such a grand adventure to go on blind dates, I have loved every one I've been on. . . I have NEVER like the guy, just the entire experience, the story to tell my friends later.
It was good today, cause it was just in passing from home to Logan, a quick bite to eat. I called him right before i got there. And he said something like
"yeah, my mom told me of this place that is really good. . . . get off on thirty three south, it is on the corner called the Soup Kitchen"
um, what? your MOM said what? your mom's favorite place to eat is a soup kitchen? Oh you don't want to buy food? ok, cool. . . . What a wiener.
Whatever, i was ready to eat at a soup kitchen with a cheep mom ma's boy. . . Bring it on.
Turns out it is this great deli/soup place to eat with metallic fish pictures on the wall and a curtain that separates the bathroom. Why do they call it the soup kitchen? . . .Why does Christina Aguilera keep putting out songs when everybody hates her? -things i will never know.
The sandwich and soup I had was the best I have had in a while.
Oh? and the Boy. . . meh, it was alright until i asked him how he felt about dancing.
"well, i have taken some social dancing classes, but over all i think that dancing is very worldly, and a sly way to let evil into our lives" (I'm being serious)
I think i said to him "yeah! isn't it great?"
Whatever, that was it. .. Thanks Reverend Shaw Mooore!
After lunch i got in Rav and tossed in the Girl Talk CD Whitney made me, and blasted it till i got home to Logan, dancing a little, and feeling the evil come in my life . . . Take that! home boy! see ya never!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
By the way, McKay...they are airing the last 3 episodes of Pushing Daisies...I think it's 9-10 pm on Saturdays I think? I say the first of the last 3...funny!
McKay, wow, where do these people come from? Dancing...evil... I'm glad you never have to see him again! But I am glad you ate at the soup kitchen, I love that place! Here's to blind dates!
a friend took me to the soup kitchen last week! i thought i should throw on some fingerless gloves and a trench coat... maybe grow a beard... IT WAS DELICIOUS!
oh, and i love the footloose reference! we dancers are all going to hell.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Dancing is so evil! That is so funny! I must say that is the only good thing about blind dates are the stories & that one, is GOLDEN!!! Hahahaha no one likes Christina huh? Well what about Brittney? I swear more people like Christina than Brittney. Mckay, you are crazy doing the graveyard shift at a gas station! That makes me nervous. Please tell me, you know karate.
You make me laugh so hard. You make me remember how to live.
I love you.
"yeah, isn't it great?" --so funny!
thank you for this post.
They said a black man would be president when pigs fly.
100 days into his presidency, Swine flu!
You are hilarious mckay. Seriously. I love it when people say stupid things. I love it even more when they don't realize just how stupid they actually sound.
Post a Comment