Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Margo and Mooch

How have I made it this far in my life with out working at a gas station? Such a classy place.

Today i watched Margo drop a cookie on the gas station floor, and then pick it up and eat it. 

She is a true treasure. 

It made me think of Nathan all day at work, with the crazy locals who come in and out, they all have their big ol' mugs and they need their smokes. . . I need to get a mug.

I had three people today tell me i look too young to be saleing smokes and alcohol. 

Too young? Ha! . . .too innocent? maybe. . . Did you know you can buy cute little cigars for only like $.75 ?

I've worked one day and already have Mooch's pride. . . . We sale glass coke bottles from Mexico made with real sugar (someone was very happy about that today) Jimmy Dean sunflower seeds (the best kind) AND individual squeeze-its, and ironport (i thought that was just a bluebird thing) . . .  It's wonderful.

While i'm employed i get free pop anytime, working or no. . . and 50% off my gas!

Thanks to Savannah who gave me a wonderful reference. And Evan who liked me enough to take my resume. 

Just kidding about the gas.

7 comments:

Whittron said...

cute little cigars, as in prime times? those things are cute!

Riana Grace said...

I have to clarify that Spitz are the best seeds. How come I didn't know you got this job?! I am so excited to come visit you!

Does this mean you are going to become a soda drinker now?

Nathan said...

Ah, cigars. What a way to end the day! That and a tumbler of cheap whiskey on the deck at sunset. That's an afternoon.

Puffing quietly away while the crickets chirp and the air begins to chill. Taking a sip of the whiskey as the dew begins to settle on the green grass. That's what it is to be an American.

Cigars, whiskey, and Colt 45. Sipping away pretending to be John Wayne, "Well, howdy pardner!" That's an afternoon!

Shooting at the frigging loud bugs. My aim is blurred and the smoke is getting in my eyes. That darn loud bang hurts the ears or is it that the bottles almost empty.

Ah, that's what it is all about! Stumbling on the ground attempting to burn those crazy bugs with the stump of the cigar and tossing my cookies 'cause I can't handle cheap whiskey. And what am I going on about, I'm Canadian!

See what you started! But I digress.

Ky said...

Mooches! By far the best gas station in Cache Valley!

Oh, you are going to have some good ol' times there!

we be sure to visit you next time we are up north.. maybe by some 75 cent cigars. Dustin likes cigars.

Li said...

Oooo... you have to tell me which gas station you are at. Ben LOVES Mexican coke. He'd flip out if I surprised him with one.

Plus, we need to do lunch or something sometime.

Rhiannon said...

hahaha. That was funny about the gas. I'm sure that will be a very entertaining job. you've gotta sketch about it so you can remember it always. if you have to do really late shifts i would suggest you get a tazer gun just incase some weirdo should come in to bother you.

the Ortons 9 said...

Nathan, you big dawgggggg you make me laugh

Powered by Blogger.