Institute toady. . . sigh. . . .
My teacher is great. . . The class is Miracle of Forgiveness. . . and this guy can itch my funny bone every time (that's why i go to institute for the comic relief ) He has this great googly eye. . . and that just makes it all the more wonderful.
I sit in the back, in this room with stadium seating and chairs that have a little mini desk that folds down at your side (this is the best invention it makes me so happy to sit in a chair with a hidden mini desk. . . i want one installed on my bed, and car, and bike)
He freaking loves his power point and laser pointer.
I sit by myself, sometimes Jo comes and sits by me. (Jo has a great scene of humor and we both love the teacher)and will add my little oh-so-wise comments when needed.
So, Today he is up there, he is going threw slides, he is teaching, then he says. "McKay (i like that he knows my name) Are you ready to read this next quote for us? and then i want your comments on it, Ok? you ready?" (power point clicker in hand)
"yeah" (always eager to help, my mother didn't raise no fool)
Well, let me tell you what. . . I am a fine reader. . I can read well, yesterday i read for three hours in my room. But when it comes to big crowds i freak out. . .FREAK OUT. . and i can't read, the simplest words i could never tell you what they read. . . it is horrible- and honestly i don't mind it, but i just feel bad for the people in the room who feel awkward for me, I know you all feel so bad and are reading it correctly in your head and holding your breath every time i miss a word or start reading backwards (ok i don't do that, but i should, that could be fun)
SO he clicks the next slide . . . NEAL A MAXWELL. . . great. . . .and a quote? oh no it was a freaking paragraph. . .at least 6 lines! who does he think i am- Billy Shakespeare?
So in my mind i'm thinking. . "Focus you can read this. . .slow down you are reading too fast. . maxwell is going to throw in a big word, get ready. . . . pay attention to what you are reading you are going to have to comment. . . Quotes! ah get ready to do voices."
And i come to a line that has these three words. . . i'll never forget. . .
"Incredibly naive notion". . . holly hell. . . if all my family's liefs were on the line for me to even say one of the word right i couldn't have done it.
I kept saying native. . . or pronouncing the entire thing phonetically.
It was great, I'm such an idiot.
And then when I'm done reading and muffled threw some garbage as to what i thought about the quote. . .
I sat there re-reading it. . . And it was so obvious what it read, shoot.
On the brighter side- he will never ask me to read again.
I'm probably going to leave the church.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
This brightened my day, because honestly it is so funny how hard it is to read out loud. In church the other day I had to read a scripture (scriptures are hard!) and I completely skipped an entire line. Braden was so embarassed for me. Anyway, if you want this table you should come check it out (we'll thrown in 2 chairs, just 2) and sell it for an outrageous price. But for you, you can get our family discount.
And I thought I had it bad 'cause I kept saying, "that they may eat in 'it' remembrance of the body of thy Son", no no no, no 'it'...3 times I tried to get it right. Still didn't. I'm so thankful, Dave Goldthorpe was there!
You kill me!
oohhh man. I wish I was there to sit by you and help you sound them out.
If you leave the church, I'll leave the church too.
I too become functionaly retarded when I read out loud to people... I'm so honored to be your blog of the week! And BTW I loved your mini love story (it was in my top favorites.) I need some from Canada for next year, I'm sure you can get on that.
we have all been there or will be.
Our class had just finished laughing at Brad Van Alfen for his creative pronunciation of Tooele (we were going through the counties in Utah)
and I got to pronounce Duchesne.
To this day I hope everyone thinks I was making fun of Brad when the way I pronounced it ended with Knees.
I agree that you should read backwards sometime. Although if you have a hard time reading the right way do you think you could do it? Either way it would be a knee slapper... just as you are.
Waiting for Matt to come home so we could get our “Office” party on, I got to blog hoppin’. After going from Erica’s, to Hay’s, to Ky’s to yours, I discovered some great stories! VP and not a student?! Man thigh extravaganza’s!! Thanks for the Laugh :)
-Andi
stick with dr. seuss. you were real good at that. and I love that you used the term "holy hell" in your blog about institute.
Youre hilarious, dont leave the church
HOLY HELL...don't you dare leave the church!
Eeeewwww I hear ya! I absolutely HATE having an audience no matter the circumstance. It's to the worst to get called on! I feel the hot blood heat up my face instantly & I always say dumb things, so yeah I feel your pain.
you are my sunshine.
Post a Comment