After old "Dan" or "John" or "whats-his-face", gave me the "OK" to enter the gym and start my work out he added "welcome to a non-judged zone"
I thought he had to be joking- and laughed right in his face "oh! Right!"
Then after the words escaped my mouth i realized that he took is job very seriously.
So another form of word vomit came out as "oh, . . . thats cute."
The gym is such an interesting place to me. . . no one talking to each other, everyone very aware of who they are around.
I choose to run on a tread mill that was placed facing these weird machines that reminded me of the elliptical, yet a lot more leg action, very high knees, like one was disabled and marching.
And to my horror/comic relief, a lady came over and started to work out on it.
She had to be at least 6 feet, . . . no! taller, she had to be taller- and about 50 years old. . . and at one point in her life she had to have been extremely over weight. . . that is the only way i can make reason of all her extra skin. . .
But she was marching like a Nazi High school band in the Macy's day parade.
I couldn't believe she could get her knees that high, that quickly.
The sort, curly hair did nothing to help the motion of everything.
Oh dear woman. . . do us a favor and march on your own time, in your own home.
Do you know how distracting/life damaging that is for me?
I'm going to hell, yes, i realize this.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I hope you see her again, but like at the grocery store or something.. and she is still marching.
I just seriously laughed out loud. In the middle of class. Everyone looked at me.
I served some peeps yesterday that were asking about you -- if you still worked there/lived up here. They told me to tell you hi, but failed to give me their names. So...some people that know you say hi.
Ya lady. No one wants to see your high-knee marching in public
Your description just killed me. I wanna see it.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed this. . it is not as funny if you were in the gym with her.
Bethany you are killing me, i have no idea who would have been in bluebird . . . . hummmm
1) Stair Machine. I think that's the name of the machine the lady was on.
2) It's clearly not a judgment-free zone when McKay enters the room.
3) You go to Planet Fitness? I go to Planet Fitness. Maybe I'll see you there and we can judge each other. I go in the afternoons when I roll out of bed and am feeling ambitious.
Yeah thats about when I go too. . . just watch out if i see you and you look too crazy i might have to blog about you.
So you got a membership at Planet Fitness eh? I had a horrible experience there the other day, I actually tripped on the treadmill, not once but twice, the girl next to me actually said, "Can you stop doing that, you're scaring me." I was like, oh sure I was doing it for the helluvit. GReat conversation startEr.
did you get the extra large t-shirt too and then scolded immediatly afterwards when I asked for something smaller?" this is a no judgment zone!"
Post a Comment