"Yeah, I'm looking for a book, it is a guy who does insect art work/photography . . His name is Christopher, last name starts with an M . . but I'm not sure what the last name is."
"ok" (moves to his computer and adjusts his headset) "now what was the last name?"
"yeah, I'm not sure of the last name. . .I know it starts with an M"
"oh. . I'm sorry, if you don't know the last name there is no way we can look it up in the computer. . . . Do you know the title of the book?"
"No, it is fairly new, it just about insects. . . the guys first name is Christopher"
"I'm sorry we need to know the last name. "
"I see"
"Let me show you where the insect books would be. . " (he takes off in a brisk walk from his desk, eyes scanning across the room)
(we get to the insect section) "oh is it Paul Starosta?" (points to a big book that had a insect on the front)
"Oh. Close, but no. . . thanks, i'll look around"
"Ok, great"
Really Borders? How many Christopher M.s write insect books? and their is "no way" of knowing?
I knew they wouldn't have it . . . it is an odd book that would only be popular with a cool crowd, but they might have been able to tell me how much it would be to order it . . . I'm sure it would have been a lot of money still because they are pricing 47.25 on amazon right now. . .And people who don't have jobs should not buy books for 50$
So i will probably never see that book in
my lifetime, because you have to special order it for a book store to carry it. . . . .so sad, I love his love for insects.Moral of the story: When i came home within two seconds of opening my computer i knew the name of this guy and the name of the book (last name was Marley FYI). . . Why can't borders do that? Where is the technology? where is the costumer service?
It might sound like i was mean to him, but i wasn't . . . it was comical to me, really, especially the part where after twice of saying "Christoper" he pointed out a "paul" book to me.
Isn't that picture amazing? i love the Weevils.
3 comments:
You should have called me, I knew it was Marley the whole time. Besides I still have that recording on my phone with you saying...
"Christoper Marley...."
really really slow and wierd on my phone.
Hey Cuz, I would have loved to be with you for that one. I wouldnt have been so nice.
OH! that is so funny kylee. . I forgot we did that! yeah i should have called.
What? Alison do you work at Borders?
Post a Comment