I feel like i need to jump on the bandwagon and blog about how great last night was.
The fire has never been bigger, brighter and warm.
The couches have never been in a better formation.
We have never had that many people "just stop by"
And Willy's cheeks have never been more red.
. . . . it was Christmas. and as long as Bush stayed out of the conversation it was wonderful.
The Logan night was so cold, and my Canadian wool house shoes were so warm.
It was cozy and warm, and my cheeks hurt from laughing.
. . . . .I love the people in my life right now with all my heart.
On another note: What the heck is Bandwagon? and it is Bandwagon or Ban Wagon?
Your answer: Literally, a bandwagon is a wagon which carries the band in a parade, circus or other entertainment. The phrase "jump on the bandwagon" first appeared in American politics in 1848 when Dan Rice, a famous and popular circus clown of the time, used his bandwagon and its music to gain attention for Zachary Taylor's campaign appearances. As Taylor's campaign became more successful, more politicians strove for a seat on the bandwagon, hoping to be associated with the success. Later, during the time of William Jennings Bryan's 1900 presidential campaign, bandwagons had become standard in campaigns, and "jump on the bandwagon" was used as a derogatory term, implying that people were associating themselves with the success without considering what they associated themselves with.
Thank you Google.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alright then, smart one, "Kit'n'kaboodle"...ha...yeah, that's right...explain that one!
First of all I second that that was a great night! Third I just have to give my little routine shout out for Bush. I will stand beside him till the day I die.
Post a Comment