(and there are exceptions, i like to get all dolled up when the mood strikes)
When it comes to shoes i like to claim that i have no interest, but the truth is i like shoes. . .i have quite a few of them. I would love to explore the world of high heels more, I have 5 pairs of heels (well, two are a short heel and i wouldn't count them so 3) Other then that i mostly sport the sandle or a good slip on. I also have running shoes that i should use more, they are still sparkling white (granted, i like running on treadmills).
MOREL OF THE STORY- The point of this post-
I feel like we never loose that since of being a kid, and wanting a blanket to help you fall asleep. . as you grow up the things that you keep around for comfort just change.
Some people, hold on to funny things that dangle from their rear-view mirror, others hold on to a certain type of food, that can only be made one way.
I bought a pair of gray low-rise converse my senior year in high school. They have been a great shoe.
For me it was my Converse. I had lots of other shoes, but i would always come back to them. If i didn't know what shoe to wear those were the ones i would grab.
They have lasted me a long time.
I would be interested to know how many homes in Provo they have been in, they have walked all over the streets in Provo and Highland. They have seen Mexico, Vegas, Europe, the top of Angels Landing in Zion, and Top the wind caves, they have tubed down countless number of rivers. They were dipped into the bounty waters of Minnesota, and taken on rides at Lagoon and Disneyland. They have been stored in 6 different closent. Danced on top of Squa peak, and in old run down houses in Provo. They ran threw corn fields, and felt the thrill of toilet papering, spying and hot boxing. . .. .. .They sat on the sideline a watched me ice skate. . . and walked side by side of six different boyfriends.
It got to the point where i didn't wear them because they were cute, it was cause i didn't have to tie them, i left a big knot in them and would slide my feet in to a perfect fit.
But a week or two ago i wore them to a paint dance and had buckets of pant poured on them, and I knew, I knew that would be the end.
So i threw them out, and I do- i miss them. I might buy another pair, just like them.
It was kind of sad, it was more then getting rid of a shoe. . . they were my comfort, my blanket, if you will.It was crazy how many pictures i had with them, I'm sure i have at least 20 more.
We had some good times. Good times.
5 comments:
very sad. sadder than pushing daisies being canceled forever today.
WHAAA?!?!!
OH MY GOSH!>!>!
I feel like i can not type the emotion that i am feeling
This calls for an emoto-con!
(:o
Hotboxing? You may need to explain that for me. 'Cause, I know it as something different, I think :)
Ahh. . power box . . i ment POWER box.
Thats funny.
Post a Comment