Indian Palace.
A Tall Handsome Man in a suit.
Fabric shops.
Visit Grandpa.
3 hour Interviews.
The 7-Eleven.
The Elm tree.
New Socks.
Dive to the Lake.
Four girls in the cab of a truck.
Half a hamburger on a slanted table.
German Chocolate.
Dollar Movie.
Phone call with whit.
and Arrested Development with Max and Andie.
When I wake up early I'm always impressed with all the things I can fit into my day. I am impressed with how good the morning feels to breath into my lungs. Not impressed enough to make it a habit, but I do periodicly dream about being a morning person. About having some sort of little workout when I get up then a sit-down breakfast while I watch the news. (this is what I imagine you are all doing while I sleep) This might be why I don't care much for politics, or local news. . . I haven't the time for it, thats morning stuff.
I was driving a friends car today and in the silence of driving I looked around for a CD. There was nothing to be found but a CD case of James Taylor, but no CD. So I flipped on the radio, and NPR turned on.
I thought to myself "what the heck? I'm a morning person today, This could be my new life style" (I always think these crazy thoughts when it still is real early. By the time "Afternoon Nap time" comes I'm cured.)
While listening I learned a few little things that are meaningless and I hope to forget by next week.
But listening proved to be an very hard task for me, it was unbelievable how quickly my mind wondered. I had to give all my energy to follow the story and keep my mind focused.
I hate NPR and here is why- (this blog was not meant to be about NPR)
No emotion.
They are in this constant flow of listing facts, and sure it is great for helping the listener form your own unbiased opinion, but I can't take it. I need to feel things to connect with them, I need someone to say "I love my job as a garbage man" and with enough conviction in ones voice I think- yeah! that is wonderful!
This might be why the only current "News" issues I have deep interest in are Gay Rights and the Japanese Earthquake. The Gays are all about the emotion and it stirs something in me to come alive with my own opinions and ideals to stand for.
Sam at work told me I was a "Lover"
And I'd like to think of myself as one, it made me so happy that he came to that conclusion on his own.
But it is true- I fall for boys quickly, I talk to my car, when I'm mad I get rilled up and have to act, when I watch biggest looser I get choked up, and weather I'm good at it or not I love to dance.
I'm emo in my own "not slitting my wrist, not black hair" way.
So I blame this "lover" part of me on the night owl part of me, if I was to get up early and condition myself to listen to NPR it is possible I would be a different person. A robot person.
I saw a sign in Canada a long time ago and it read-
"The early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse gets the cheese"
I loved it. And repeat it to myself whenever I over-sleep and crawl out of my bed at 2.
And so at 1:47 I'm calling it a early night and I'm headed to bed, and thank the universe for giving me the morning today, but not everyday.
Goodnight.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Man, to live the Mckay-life style. Thats my Goal in life.
I love that the second mouse gets the cheese!!
I don't want you waking up early ever again. It was so weird getting that call from you at 8:22am - wondering if I wanted to hang out!
That hamburger was so good.
Post a Comment